Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

o

Former Orioles Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless 9th inning (including 2 strikeouts) in a non-save situation.

BREWERS O - 6

RED SOX O - 2

And then followed it up with a 3-K save the next day against the Red Sox:

Final, Brewers 7-6: Francisco Rodriguez sat the Red Sox down in order in the 11th inning. Mike Napoli, Xander Bogaerts and Jonny Gomes couldn't get anything going against the Brewers closer.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/04/red-sox-brewers-live-clay-buchholz-makes-season-debut-against-milwaukee/

I wdn't have been opposed to trying out K-Rod as our closer this season.

That other former Oriole who's the RSox closer now (Uehara) also struck out the side. He was called "unhittable."

I wonder how much of these pitchers' success comes from getting out of the AL East and in some cases out of the AL altogether?

Or maybe just out of the Orioles organization. Good pitching really hasn't been a strong point for the Orioles in many years.

I wonder how much of these pitchers' success comes from getting out of the AL East and in some cases out of the AL altogether?

K-Rod struck out swinging Napoli, Bogaerts, and Gomes. Hoes' homer was vs. the Yankees, Reynolds' vs. the Red Sox. Feldman's two wins have been against the Y's and Angels.

Josh Hader (High A, Astro's) struck out 10 while allowing only a run and four hits in 4 innings in his first start of the season.

The Norris trade will often be highlighted in future discussions of DD failed tenure in Bmore.

Josh a local MD product just turned 20 today and was in the mid 90's on Saturdays start.