Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Pirates just hung a 5 spot on Zach Davies</p>? Alan (@CamdenFanatic) <a href="
">September 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5 walks so far (the 4th inning) for Davies.

Perhaps more interestingly, I think the Pirates are going to win the NL Central.

o

(vs. METS, 9/11)

Markakis hit his 35th double of the season tonight.

35 doubles, a .372 OBP, and the Braves still have 20 games left to be played.

Pretty good for a lead-off hitter.

Nick hit his 36th double of the season tonight in a 3-2 win over the Blue Jays.

Markakis continues his march towards a 1.8-2 WAR season. Riveting stuff.

Sometimes, it's about whether a guy's skill set and character meet the needs of a particular team. I can't say that Nick is anything more than an average corner OF overall. I just think this team could have used the things he does well.

That said, our season has been about the starting pitching more than anything else.

Does that reset his HOF clock? It's not impossible that some sanity will have been injected into the process in another five years.

No. Rickey played in the Atlantic league for many season. It did not reset Rickey. Rickey would not have done that. Because that's not what Rickey do.

No. Rickey played in the Atlantic league for many season. It did not reset Rickey. Rickey would not have done that. Because that's not what Rickey do.
Contrary to speculation, Henderson's refusal to officially retire had not been delaying his eligibility for Hall of Fame induction. Since the 1970s, the five-year waiting period has been based on major league service only. Henderson was elected as part of the 2009 Hall of Fame vote, in his first appearance on the ballot. At a press conference two days after his election, the 50-year-old Henderson told reporters, "I believe today, and people say I’m crazy, but if you gave me as many at-bats that you would give the runners out there today, I would outsteal every last one of them... they can always ring my phone and I'll come on down and help their ballclub, that's how much I love the game."

Rickeypedia

Does that reset his HOF clock? It's not impossible that some sanity will have been injected into the process in another five years.
"One day? I don't want one day. I want to play again, man. I don't want nobody's spot... I just want to see if I deserve to be out there. If I don't, just get rid of me, release me. And if I belong, you don't have to pay me but the minimum — and I'll donate every penny of that to some charity. So, how's that hurtin' anybody?... Don't say goodbye for me... When I want that one day they want to give me so bad, I'll let you know.

Rickey.

A Padres teammate (variously reported as Steve Finley or Tony Gwynn) once offered him a seat anywhere on the bus, saying that Henderson had tenure. Henderson supposedly replied, "Ten years? What are you talking about? Rickey got 16, 17 years."

Rickey do.

Zach Davies, 6 innings of 2 hit shutout ball against a very good Cubs team

How are other organizations so good at picking DD clean of his best prospects while we hold on to the ones that don't seem to have ML stuff (Mike Wright)

Next year Davies and Josh Hader will be in the Brewers starting rotation