Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Frobby said that the neck worried the O's for 2015.

You refuted his claim.

I made a sarcastic comment about neck surgery in support of your point.

Since, obviously, something like neck surgery could impact the rest of his career, and Markakis having neck surgery would certainly influence how the O's viewed a long term deal.

I think you're misinterpreting my earlier post. Sure a neck surgery could have impacted Nick beyond 2015. But since Nick has shown in 2015 that the neck is not bothering him, I believe there is far less risk in his four year deal than there was last November.

By the way, 3 for 4 again last night. 15 game hitting streak, BA to .303, OBP to .376.

His line tonight for the Dodgers against the Pirates: 0.2 IP, 8 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 1 K

It's a shame. He came up with the Orioles, and I will always wish him well. He was fantastic in 2012, then blew nine saves in 2013 and was never the same after that.

Why in 2015 in the middle of a pennant race are we starting threads on Jim Johnson?

His line tonight for the Dodgers against the Pirates: 0.2 IP, 8 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 1 K

It's a shame. He came up with the Orioles, and I will always wish him well. He was fantastic in 2012, then blew nine saves in 2013 and was never the same after that.

Continuing on the Jim Johnson topic: he did do well with the Braves and eventually inherited the closer role when Grilli got injured. Then Braves' management traded him to the Dodgers. So perhaps this Dodgers' showing is just a matter of just not being his day.

Koji out for the season with a broken wrist.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/red-sox-closer-koji-uehara-is-out-for-the-season-with-a-fractured-wrist/

Koji Uehara took a line drive off his right wrist while closing out Friday’s win–throwing to first base to get the final out–and the Red Sox announced that he’ll miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture.

I hope it doesn't effect his power numbers next year.