Chris Davis: I’ll be at Spring Training and I’m not going anywhere

Legend_Of_Joey

On 12/12/2020 at 3:24 PM, drjohnnyfeva said:

I understand the club not wanting to just flush money down the toilet,

It's already been flushed!!  That's the thing!  It's been flushed!!  Flushed a long time ago!

Dude, you and I provided more value to the Orioles roster than Chris Davis did last year.  Or in 2019.  Or in 2018.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's already been flushed!!  That's the thing!  It's been flushed!!  Flushed a long time ago!

Dude, you and I provided more value to the Orioles roster than Chris Davis did last year.  Or in 2019.  Or in 2018.  

100% .... The swing is the MLB minimum for the player that replaces him on the roster. The Orioles are getting 0 value for money owed Davis

On 12/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, Moose Milligan said:

And who could have imagined he'd branch out into pottery??!! :)  No time to hit the batting cage right now, got some glazing and firing to do.  Onion and garlic jars... metaphorical isn't it... :)

https://www.facebook.com/chrisdavispottery/photos/prepping-pots-for-glazing-waxing-onion-and-garlic-jars-before-washing-and-so-it-/292596211348467/

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You wouldn't put him in the lineup for every road spring training game?

You are a nicer person than I am.

Oh yes, those are no problem...in fact, I might have him play both split squad games.. three innings one place, then haul him over to the other location for a few innings. 

4 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Hyde has already said Davis will have to earn his at bats this year, so I'll take his word for it and assume we'll hardly see Davis at all. Which is fine by me. Keep cashing those checks Chris. 

I'd love to have Hyde sit him all season.

I don't think it is going to happen.

He won't play much but Hyde won't just leave him on the bench.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd love to have Hyde sit him all season.

I don't think it is going to happen.

He won't play much but Hyde won't just leave him on the bench.

Mop up pitcher in blowouts is my preferred role for Davis if he's on the team. There is no reason to have Davis at bat ever again unless half the team gets food poisoning. 

• Upvote 1