Elias answers some questions.

weams

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Biggest surprise for me is that he mentions Mountcastle as a starting corner outfielder.  I know many have thought that would be the case but I thought he fit better at first.   So I guess I have to adjust my thinking a little.

Ummmmmmmok. Starting OF it is... and God save us all...

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He doesn't appear to be afraid of the wall.

I honestly don’t remember that with Trumbo.  Was he “afraid” of the wall or more just not athletic enough to make difficult catches with the wall looming?  I know I was never confident with him out there regardless of where the ball was hit.  

Just now, murph said:

I honestly don’t remember that with Trumbo.  Was he “afraid” of the wall or more just not athletic enough to make difficult catches with the wall looming?  I know I was never confident with him out there regardless of where the ball was hit.  

I saw him pull up short a number of times when even he could have made a play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I saw him pull up short a number of times when even he could have made a play.

Maybe realizing he wasn’t capable of making the play even if you were overestimating his abilities ?.    And didn’t want to allow an extra extra base!  

Don’t remember seeing that, but I may have looked away or changed the channel when a ball was hit his way.  

I did like (moderately like) what little I saw from Mountcastle in LF.   If he is even average defensively with his bat that would be great.  IMO.   

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My takeaways:

Rutschman highly likely to start in AA.

Hall to start in AA but could move to AAA quickly if he has a good start.

Baumann, Lowther, Wells and Smith (traded from Mets) all good candidates to see major league time next year.

Diaz quite likely to see major league time next year.

There is “an interesting competition” between Hays and Mullins in CF.   I take that as a compliment to Mullins’ progress and makes it clear he’ll be on the roster if healthy.   

He seemed happy with Severino and Sisco at C, too.   Obviously just until AR arrives.   Elias wasn’t that clear on whether we’ll see AR in 2021.

Almost forgot: he also called Means a top of rotation starter.   

• Upvote 3