Felix Hernandez signs with O’s

weams

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I'll be happy if "King" Felix is only a Prince, a Duke, or an Earl for the Orioles.

o

o

THE EARL OF BALTIMORE

Baseball and Baltimore go hand-in-hand,

Uncle Robby was a grand 'ol man.

And Baltimore's the town that gave "The Babe" to the world.

In the skipper's Hall-of-Fame there's Casey of course,

Mack and McCarthy, and John McGraw.

And now there's Earl Weaver, "The Earl of Baltimore."

CHORUS

Baltimore, Baltimore, They called Earl Weaver "The Earl of Baltimore."

Brooks was the heart, Frank was the soul,

McNally, Mike, and Palmer were his Orioles.

Winning with Weaver, winning for Baltimore.

The man in blue, oh he drove 'em wild,

The fight and the fire, that leprechaun smile.

We'll always remember "The Earl of Baltimore."

CHORUS

There was Kenny and Eddie,

Weaver used the whole 25.

CHORUS

Baltimore (15 years of quarry), Baltimore (That's Earl Weaver's story.)

They called Earl Weaver "The Earl of Baltimore."

o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Philip said:

King has over $100 million in the bank, he’s never going to pitch for a playoff team, I really wish he had just stopped as a mariner. He’s just cheapening his legacy. Makes me sad. Ichiro and Ken Junior should have done the same, Although Ichiro did have one incredible homerun robbing play at 45. It was worth the watch and will always be.

I get it, and I personally dislike the near absence of players staying with one team for their entire career, but Griffey hit over 200 homers after he left Seattle, and Ichiro got another 500+ hits for other teams. And both still ended their careers as Mariners. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I get it, and I personally dislike the near absence of players staying with one team for their entire career, but Griffey hit over 200 homers after he left Seattle, and Ichiro got another 500+ hits for other teams. And both still ended their careers as Mariners. 

Believe me, I take your point, but some guys are just icons. No matter what Ken did with Cincinnati or Ichiro with NY, No one will ever picture them in any uniform but Seattle and they were both still good when they left Seattle. I don’t think Felix was. He was bad and his last couple of years in Seattle, and at Lookout Landing, which has a collection of really brilliant writer’s, the tragedy was heartfelt and eloquently described and everyone of his painful starts near the end

44 minutes ago, Philip said:

Believe me, I take your point, but some guys are just icons. No matter what Ken did with Cincinnati or Ichiro with NY, No one will ever picture them in any uniform but Seattle 

I imagine there are plenty of Reds fans who picture Griffey in a Reds uniform.   Heck, they were picturing it for years before he actually got there!

I imagine there are Reds fans who picture Frank Robinson in a Reds uniform, too.   I actually have a framed, signed photo of Frank from his rookie year with the Reds on my office wall.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I imagine there are plenty of Reds fans who picture Griffey in a Reds uniform.   Heck, they were picturing it for years before he actually got there!

I imagine there are Reds fans who picture Frank Robinson in a Reds uniform, too.   I actually have a framed, signed photo of Frank from his rookie year with the Reds on my office wall.   

Ichiro will always be a Marlin in my heart.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes I guess so, But nobody in Seattle will look at those pictures.

And honestly, doesn’t that picture of Frank in the wrong uniform just look wrong to you? Like “alternate universe”?

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Yes I guess so, But nobody in Seattle will look at those pictures.

And honestly, doesn’t that picture of Frank in the wrong uniform just look wrong to you? Like “alternate universe”?

Sure.   It was a gift, with Frank’s autograph, so what could I say?  

12 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

What year of the rebuild are we in?

Just checkin

Hey what is Chris Tillman doing?

As has been the case every day for the last 23 years, the answer is "three years behind where Coco the Monkey would have gotten us."

Still can't believe they didn't have that firesale in mid-2014.

Corn... is that the right color for biting sarcasm?