Orioles Announce Plans for New Dominican Training Academy

LTO's

Wonderful to hear. If Elias does nothing else than taking the organization from "we don't do international stuff on principal" to "we're on our way to being a first-class international-focused organization", he will have been a successful GM. It's stunning how far they've come in less than 3 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

In the press release video Elias/Perez mention an intercultural learning program to help the players learn English and an agility field that is not common in facilities down there. It's also mentioned that it was designed sort of like the facility in Sarasota in order to provide the Dominican talent the same development experience that the rookie league players have. 

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It is PR Day in Birdland!!    Guessing Elias will join the booth in about the 4th inning, and look forward to hearing his comments.

We can always extend Adley if he shows he's any good.

There does seem to be a pattern.

They drop a bunch of news at once.   

11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Let's hope the new CBA doesn't include an international draft that renders this largely ineffective.

It can still help take you from four levels of US full season minors to two or three.    Now if I can just get the 9-year-old to be three years out to forego Disney for this...

Here is where you would know far better than me, but isn't this similar to what some of the top European soccer clubs do?   I don't know if the youngest "residents" at Real Madrid Academy are 13, 10, 8, 6, etc, or if they have contracts already though.