A bunch of moves just announced

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only reason I can think of where this isn’t a dumb decision is if he has an attitude issue and this is there way of saying; you better calm the F down and realize you aren’t having things handed to you.  

That could be part of it.   

1 minute ago, MGH5208 said:

This is such a stupid comment!

He wasn't pitching well and gives the team other options with the 26 and 40.

He didn’t pitch well for like 7 innings.  If you think it’s smart to base decisions like this with that small of a sample size, I don’t know what to tell you. His career in the minors says he is ready to be here.  His performance last year in the camp and in the majors says he should be here.  He was essentially penciled in as a starter a month ago.

But a few bad outings in ST supersedes that?  On a team that is not trying to win games?  Yea, that doesn’t make much sense.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He didn’t pitch well for like 7 innings.  If you think it’s smart to base decisions like this with that small of a sample size, I don’t know what to tell you. His career in the minors says he is ready to be here.  His performance last year in the camp and in the majors says he should be here.  He was essentially penciled in as a starter a month ago.

But a few bad outings in ST supersedes that?  On a team that is not trying to win games?  Yea, that doesn’t make much sense.

he deserved to be optioned based on performance but continue to argue with your delusional theories

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MGH5208 said:

he deserved to be optioned based on performance but continue to argue with your delusional theories

Yea, it’s delusional that I presented facts about everything he has done leading up to this spring training.

I guess facts are delusional to you.  Noted.

I did notice Meoli's comment about 10 days over before first need for 5th starter.   The Royals Kris Bubic perhaps in similar situation a surprising AAA demotion recently.

This demotion still could be only just SP3 to SP4 or SP5, and psychobabble.   With Akin momentarily outside Top 4, even the Game 4 starter seems rather unclear tonight.    Nothing wrong with piling RHP Kremer and Harvey into a Fenway series next weekend.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yea, it’s delusional that I presented facts about everything he has done leading up to this spring training.

I guess facts are delusional to you.  Noted.

wrong again but that's normal for you

I can name 15 pitchers that deserve a spot on this roster before him.  Why does he deserve a spot before those who have performed better?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MGH5208 said:

wrong again but that's normal for you

I can name 15 pitchers that deserve a spot on this roster before him.  Why does he deserve a spot before those who have performed better?

I appreciate the "haha" emoji but what pitchers don't deserve a spot over akins?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

I'm genuinely curious and like I've said, I haven't watched him this spring so I really am interested in your answer.  What made him look bad?  I'm talking beyond results, was velocity down, was command all out of whack, etc.?  I wish I had a chance to watch and I'd appreciate insight from folks who watched him pitch this spring. 

Command was awful.  He was missing off the plate and when he threw it over, batters were hitting it hard.  Others simply out pitched him, and not by a little.

• Upvote 1

I would rather have Akin than LeBlanc, And I’m pretty sure that the team would as well, and I’m wondering if that’s why they suddenly brought LeBlanc back on a major league contract.

Akin was bad and they said,”ooops get on the phone to Wade!”

5 hours ago, Big Mac said:

I'm genuinely curious and like I've said, I haven't watched him this spring so I really am interested in your answer.  What made him look bad?  I'm talking beyond results, was velocity down, was command all out of whack, etc.?  I wish I had a chance to watch and I'd appreciate insight from folks who watched him pitch this spring. 

That. I've seen a couple outings this spring. Too many pitches out of the zone. I don't think he was picking, just... couldn't put it where he wanted it.