Kjerstad still hasn't reported to alternate site [UPDATE: He's reported]

interloper

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I'm not sure what he looked like before, but that swing looks pretty damn powerful to me. 

And fast.  He's definitely got an uppercut thing going.  (19) Heston Kjerstad on Twitter: "Finally back swinging the bat again! https://t.co/iWMJyonTNS" / Twitter  Congrats to him for getting to this point, and I can't imagine what it must feel like for him to be able to swing like that again.  Hopefully the O's are giving him good advice on how to proceed - and not do too much too soon. 

He's already got over 3,700 likes from his tweet yesterday.  :)  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not offended if you aren't joking. 

I'm not interesting, I'm just a dude at a computer that is pessimistic about the team's future.

In the early days of the OH, many posters had tag lines that appeared at the bottom of all their posts.  “I’m not interesting, I’m just a dude at a computer that is pessimistic about the team’s future” would have been a great one.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Just happy to see the young man doing baseball things on a baseball field. Would love to see him get into some Fall instruct games and then start next year in Delmarva where hopefully he will be fully recovered, thrive, and move quickly.

I think he should go to Fall instructs even if he can’t play in the games, just to get acclimated with the coaches and his teammates.  But yeah, it wouid be great if he could get in some game action.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think he should go to Fall instructs even if he can’t play in the games, just to get acclimated with the coaches and his teammates.  But yeah, it wouid be great if he could get in some game action.  

I have to imagine he will be in the instructs no matter what. The organization would be smart to hire some recently retired former big league or AAA pitchers to come in and throw against him and give him a couple hundred simulated at bats this Fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I have to imagine he will be in the instructs no matter what. The organization would be smart to hire some recently retired former big league or AAA pitchers to come in and throw against him and give him a couple hundred simulated at bats this Fall.

Matt Harvey?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

In the early days of the OH, many posters had tag lines that appeared at the bottom of all their posts.  “I’m not interesting, I’m just a dude at a computer that is pessimistic about the team’s future” would have been a great one.  

Mine would be, "I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sevastras said:

How much strength and conditioning can someone do with myocarditis?  I would imagine as things got better he could do more and more but I can’t imagine he could deadlift any substancial weight until 100% cleared. 

It's been over a year from the original diagnosis.  Hopefully he's getting to the point that he is fully recovered and can go full speed.

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The Buffalo Blue Jays yes.

They're playing the Dubai Sandworms.

Gosh, remember that vicious legal fight over that name between the Sandworms and the Savannah Sandnats - the Nats' minor league team - cost Dubai a fortune in bitcoins.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Gosh, remember that vicious legal fight over that name between the Sandworms and the Savannah Sandnats - the Nats' minor league team - cost Dubai a fortune in bitcoins.  

How could I forget, the legal fees the Angelos law firm collected paid for the whole of the Nashville Orioles payroll for three seasons running.

• Haha 1