Grayson Rodriguez 2021

LTO's

I read somewhere that the plan was to limit him to 100 innings.  After tonight he is at 98.  Do they pull the plug for the season?  I don't know what the right or wrong answer is to this either.  I don't think they know for sure.  I pretty much would think they wouldn't go more than 120 innings at the very most anyway.  

26 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I read somewhere that the plan was to limit him to 100 innings.  After tonight he is at 98.  Do they pull the plug for the season?  I don't know what the right or wrong answer is to this either.  I don't think they know for sure.  I pretty much would think they wouldn't go more than 120 innings at the very most anyway.  

There’s only 3 weeks left, even if he’s promoted to Norfolk.   One week if he’s not.  

Glad to finally make it out and see him pitch this year. Great outing, and he made it look easy. Of course I was disappointed he didn't pitch more than three innings, but in those three innings he dominated. I think his fastball topped out at 97, and he showed good command, even with his off-speed pitches. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, linedrive said:

I think his fastball topped out at 97

That is interesting. Earlier this year, he was sitting 98-99 and regularly touching 100.

Wonder if Harrisburg has a slow gun (or Bowie has a fast gun), just an off night (relatively speaking), or if the workload is starting to catch up to him.

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

That is interesting. Earlier this year, he was sitting 98-99 and regularly touching 100.

Wonder if Harrisburg has a slow gun (or Bowie has a fast gun), just an off night (relatively speaking), or if the workload is starting to catch up to him.

I haven't seen Rodriguez sit 98-99 outside of a inning or two this year. He's been pretty solid 95-97, t98.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I haven't seen Rodriguez sit 98-99 outside of a inning or two this year. He's been pretty solid 95-97, t98.

Not the game I went to (6/26).    He was sitting 98, frequently hitting 99, hit 100 a few times.   It was one of his better games (1 hit over 5 innings, 9 k’s I think).

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

That is where he was on June 20th. I guess that may have been a high point, as that was the broken glove game.

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not the game I went to (6/26).    He was sitting 98, frequently hitting 99, hit 100 a few times.   It was one of his better games (1 hit over 5 innings, 9 k’s I think).

Well again, I said the games I've seen. I haven't seen every game nor do I have access to radar readings for every pitch. I did see an inning or two where he was sitting there, but then I'd see/hear velocity readings in the 95-97 range. Now perhaps you guys have access to some kind of consistent radar readings for entire games but I'd be feel safer saying his velocity is 95-98, t99-100.

• Upvote 1