Odds of tonight’s game being rained out?

higgybaby

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Rain is supposed to stop around 8 pm.   The field drains well.  There may be a delay for a few hours and the game may go late into the night but if it holds to the weather report they should get it in.  Bundle up its going to be cool.

Looks like it's slowed up some and may not be out until around 845 now. i could see the them calling this an going to a double header tomorrow where they get an extra pitcher from the taxi squad.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Looks like it's slowed up some and may not be out until around 845 now. i could see the them calling this an going to a double header tomorrow where they get an extra pitcher from the taxi squad.

Of course we have Tyler Wells who hasn't pitched in 9 days and Dillon Tate who hasn't pitched in 6, and we have a 10 man bullpen that hasn't pitched at all since Tuesday.   So this is a rare time when I'm not sure an extra pitcher is all that useful.  

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Of course we have Tyler Wells who hasn't pitched in 9 days and Dillon Tate who hasn't pitched in 6, and we have a 10 man bullpen that hasn't pitched at all since Tuesday.   So this is a rare time when I'm not sure an extra pitcher is all that useful.  

Neither are a starter and Saturday's starter was still unannounced. Lowther is on the taxi squad (which is why he hasn't pitched in any of the Norfolk games) and could be activated without moving someone off the roster if they have a double header. 

Wells is clearly being hidden on the roster.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Neither are a starter and Saturday's starter was still unannounced. Lowther is on the taxi squad (which is why he hasn't pitched in any of the Norfolk games) and could be activated without moving someone off the roster if they have a double header. 

Wells is clearly being hidden on the roster.

I tend to think it's that almost every game is a close game. It's probably both. Kid can pitch man, I loved what I've seen. Yeah he got dinged up a little but he's a AA pitcher in the AL East, it happens. I hope we can hold onto him because he's already better than a guy like Evan Phillips in my mind. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, I really hope you get to the game tonight, but I’m glad you were able to get some other things done.   What’s Indiana, like a 9-10 hour drive from Baltimore depending where you are going?   I drove from DC to South Bend once and I think that’s about how long it took, but that was 39 years ago so my memory might be a tad off.  

About 8 1/2 hour drive.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Looks like rain out and gone on radar around 8:15-8:30.   I think we play or they would have made the call earlier on.  The field drains well so I think we could be playing 8:45-9:00.

You were close. They just announced 8:40 start.