Loewen is in the Hawaiian League now. Does anyone care?

jamesenoch

Suppose Loewen actually does make it back -- do you think he gets booed here? Do Baltimore fans pay close enough attention right now to know the situation, and if so, do they care?

I honestly think he would get booed. Remember the Huff incident? Any perceived slight of Baltimore (real or imagined) is taken quite personally by many Baltimoreans. Loewen would not be well-received.

Yes, he'll be heavily booed and rightfully so.

He was released, he signed with another team, life goes on.

As for the "handshake agreement" that we all seem to think exists, what if it had exceptions for certain teams, like, say, the Jays or possibly the Mariners, you know.

It's ridiculous to boo someone who left as what basically amounts to a free agent.

He was released, he signed with another team, life goes on.

As for the "handshake agreement" that we all seem to think exists, what if it had exceptions for certain teams, like, say, the Jays or possibly the Mariners, you know.

It's ridiculous to boo someone who left as what basically amounts to a free agent.

Maybe he will play hockey if this does not work.

Yes, he'll be heavily booed and rightfully so.

Yep, I would boo him, and I do not boo many people at all.

He made a lot of money from the Orioles, but never really produced for the team. And that's fine, injuries happen. But it seemed like the O's always did the best thing for him, never rushed him back to the mound when there were times when plenty of people had questions. The O's stood by him, and he did not do the same.

The thing is, he is a good kid by all accounts. He just made a poor decision, in my opinion, that is going to affect his reputation.

Loewen is on the CaneFires, the same team the O's prospects are on. That's odd, because Toronto's propsects are assigned to the Sharks. I'm guessing that since the O's had left one of their spots open so that Loewen could be sent there, they've made some arrangement with the Blue Jays that Loewen could take the spot.

Loewen debuted yesterday: 1 BB, 1 HBP, 1 K. Since he's on the same team as our prospects, it wasn't one of our boys that hit him. ;)

Loewen has been through the Orioles' farm system once. Maybe he didn't feel that they're coaching and player development was up to snuff (gee, no one has ever suggested that before) and believed he had a better chance of getting back to the majors with the Jays. It was an unfortunate situation for us but I really don't blame Loewen for making the decision that he thought gave him his best potential path back to the majors for whatever reason. I hope he does well at makes it to the bigs as a hitter, regardless of the team.

Archived