Patrick Dorrian?

bpilktree

2 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I think Dorrian is evaluated based solely on Dorrian. If Bannon hits 50 home runs this year, it doesn't affect how much value Dorrian has. 

I would usually agree, but what the heck has kept Ritchie Martin on the 40 man for 3 seasons?  The fact the we lacked SS depth in the upper part of the system. The same applies with Dorrian. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Kelvin Gutierrez, Rylan Bannon, Patrick Dorian. 

That is our current 3B depth. If those are the options, then I don’t see how you give up on Dorrian or risk losing him. I think he will be protected. 

Well, first of all I think the chances someone picks him is probably like 10% tops. The probability he sticks on a MLB roster all year is probably like 1%

I just have a hard time seeing him as a MLB 3rd baseman. And I think we could find people of about equivalent skill to those you listed on the waiver wire/FA pretty easily.

Besides, We've got Henderson and Westburg rapidly ascending the system and Mayo is looking like a stud. Dorrian is a stop-gap at best

On 9/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, jabba72 said:

Dorrian's not even listed on Tony's Top 50 power rankings. 

He was for awhile and he probably could be in the back end of the list, but he's a bit defensively challenged at 3B and can't hit left-handers. The low average concerns me since the walk percentage will go down as he moves up and if major league pitchers know how to get him out (he susceptible to off-speed) they will continue to challenge him and his OBP was crater without the ability to hit for some average. 

I would be surprised if he's protected though I'd probably protect him over Gutierrez, Nevin or Martin and maybe over Bannon who could probably be DFA'd with little consequence. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2021 at 9:37 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Is Dorrian hurt or are they just going with Gunnar down the stretch over him?  I don’t see a lineup where Dorrian plays. Maybe at DH?

Played both games yesterday.

Game 1: Dorrian 3B, Henderson DH, Dashbach 1B, Westburg SS

Game 2: Dorrian DH, Henderson SS, Dashbach 1B, Westburg 3B

• 9 months later...