How many moves tomorrow?

bpilktree

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

While we’ve done poorly against them this spring, I’ve always felt it was advantageous to play the really good teams early.   A lot of times they haven’t really hit their stride yet.    Plus, their depth advantage usually shows up more later in the season.   At the end of the day, we’re playing both New York and Boston 19 times, so I don’t see how the timing of those games really matters too much.  

Isn’t this thread about potential moves?

On your point, couldn’t disagree more. It does matter. The games between key opponents should be more evenly spread over the season for the fair evaluation & integrity of the sport. If you disagree with that, which you likely do, it’s just boring & annoying watching the same opponents over and over as a fan. 

11 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

On your point, couldn’t disagree more. It does matter. The games between key opponents should be more evenly spread over the season for the fair evaluation & integrity of the sport. If you disagree with that, which you likely do, it’s just boring & annoying watching the same opponents over and over as a fan. 

This I agree with.  I don't want the unbalanced schedule gone for competitive reasons I want it gone because I don't want to watch the Blue Jays 19 times a year.

8 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

We are 8-12 in 10 games against NY and Boston.   I consider that pretty decent considering where we probably will wind up in the standings viz. those two.   I’d rather spread the games out too from an aesthetic point of view; I just don’t think it hurts us to play these two teams early compared to playing them at other times.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Tides are doing even worse than the Orioles, not sure why you think getting demoted would be a reward?  Maybe if they send him to Bowie.

Just being sarcastic about a reward. I figure he will go down to get another fresh arm up since he pitched quite a few innings

21 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So does Zimmerman get demoted as a reward for his good performance?

Zimmermann stays as the 5th starter.    I don't think there is a move needed until Santander comes up and that will probably means McKenna is optioned.   Hyde said in the pre game that they want to continue to develop Akin as a starter.   We will see where they decide to develop him.  In the majors or at  AAA.  Someone will go when Tate is ready to come off the IL.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2021 at 12:28 AM, LocoChris said:

It’s absolutely absurd that we haven’t played TB or TOR yet. We’ve played the MFY and BOS 3 times. 

If the implication was that the schedule was unfavorable because we played NY and Boston so many times without playing Tampa or Toronto, maybe it’s time to rethink that, based on how this week’s Tampa series went.   I’d say the schedulers did us a favor in the  first quarter of the season!

• Haha 1