Tuesday June 8: Orioles host Mets

SteveA

2 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I am sure that there are plenty of other more recent hot streaks, but I recall Cal putting together two weeks in ‘99 where he went 29 for 61 (including a 6 hit game against ATL).

Ah yes, Sunday night national TV game, vs Smoltz   6 for 6.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

Laff laff Palmer just said,”wouldn’t the Yankees like to have the Orioles offense?”

laff laff

What's so funny?

60 games into the season, the Orioles average 4.07 runs per game, and the Yankees 3.72.

And we have 8 tonight and the Yankees have 0 so far, so those numbers will get further apart.  

Even if we had scored 0 runs Sunday instead of 18, we would still be ahead of them, so you can't chalki t up to that game.

Mountcastle drops one in front of the Hamburgler in CF and joins the hit parade.   Now everyone in the lineup but McKenna  has a hit.   Our second straight game where 8 of our starters have gotten at least one hit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Mountcastle drops one in front of the Hamburgler in CF and joins the hit parade.   Now everyone in the lineup but McKenna  has a hit.   Our second straight game where 8 of our starters have gotten at least one hit.

Poor McKenna.  He has hit two balls that could have been hits.  Hit them hard, but just right at people.

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What's so funny?

60 games into the season, the Orioles average 4.07 runs per game, and the Yankees 3.72.

And we have 8 tonight and the Yankees have 0 so far, so those numbers will get further apart.  

Even if we had scored 0 runs Sunday instead of 18, we would still be ahead of them, so you can't chalki t up to that game.

I am laughing because just think how angry the Yankees are. I’m not laughing at the Orioles, certainly.