Friday June 11: Orioles begin 20-games-in-20-days stretch vs Rays in St Petersburg

SteveA

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Jacksonville, Tampa, Baltimore?

I was born in Westminster. Moved down to Jacksonville when I was 2. Redskins fan until Jacksonville got a team. Started going for Jacksonville in 1995. Kept the Orioles as my team, dumped the Redskins. Started going for the Florida State Seminoles in college. Nobody was a Tampa Bay Rays fan and they're a small market, so started going for them, but will never drop the Orioles as my favorite baseball team. I still really like the Rays because they're such a small market, and yet they continue to win. My brother is also a Tampa fan because he moved back to Jacksonville when he was 18 and they put on every Rays game, so he watched them. So, Jaguars, Orioles,  Rays, and Seminoles. Also like the Terps as well. I just like to go for teams of where I'm from. Still pull for Washington Football, but no, not a Ravens fan. Never liked them.

• Like 1

Just now, Beysbol said:

What's your opinion of the on the field bullpens? 

I'm fine with it if a team needed to build it that way due to space restraints.  Doing it just to do it I'm not in favor of.  Adds a degree of danger that just isn't needed.

Tampa might very well fall into the former group.

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Man what a play by Hays.  If Zumino hadnt put on the brakes that would have been #1 on Sports Center tonight

I really hope Hays stays healthy the rest of the year.  It would be great to see him playing next to Mullins for an extended period. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with it if a team needed to build it that way due to space restraints.  Doing it just to do it I'm not in favor of.  Adds a degree of danger that just isn't needed.

Tampa might very well fall into the former group.

I agree with you on this. It is dangerous. Wish clubs with on the field bullpens could figure out some way, but as long as they try or just possibly can't, then I understand. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Mullins goes down I'm blaming you.

I was already holding my breath when Hays was running out that grounder back tot the pitcher.  If Mullins goes down I will just accept that I’ve done something to anger the baseball gods.

Edited by jdwilde1
Revised

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Yeah, I don't like them either. Really wish they would make room, but if just possibly can't fit in a regular bullpen, then I guess I just have to understand. Lol

Well if you are fitting your ballpark into the contours of a city block like Fenway or Wrigley that's one thing but isn't the Trop Dome in the middle of a huge parking lot?

And if you look at some foul balls down the line like Trey hit earlier, you can see some empty space between the fence and the front row of the seats in the LF corner.  Makes those seats really suck and there is just empty space there.