Monday in Cleveland

Gurgi

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

How could Stewart be a first round draft pick?  The guy can NOT play the field.

Well, he was 1-25 and the baseball draft is bar far the toughest of the major sports.  His career WAR of 1.1 is currently the 17th highest total of anyone drafted 1-25 going back to 1965.  It’s not like he didn’t make it past Bowie.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

DJ Stewart reminds me of the quote I believe was aimed towards Luis Polonia...

"If you hit 100 flyballs to Luis Polonia you could write a book about it... called Catch 22"

Yossarian should be reacting to this.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Remind me: Severino is on the the am because he .  .  .

He can't catch or throw or hit, so it can't be any of those.

Yes, and the pitchers probably feel the same way. The 0-2 pitch slapped into left is a perfect example of a pitch which should be out of the zone. But Kremer, who needs to trust his stuff, likely has a hard time doing that when he sees the difficulty Severino has to block almost anything without having the runner advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I had the Braves over the Orioles in 6 games.   The Orioles even with all injuries have held it together enough to make playoffs it doesn’t look like the Braves will.  
    • Absolutely. One thing we know Holliday can do is run fast. I didn't see where the 3Bman was playing, but probably off the bag with Mullins up so Holliday could get a decent lead for a squeeze play.
    • With the season coming to an end I be interested in hearing who you guys had in the world series before the season started and who do you have now? Myself it pains me to say I had the Yankees and Dodgers before the season started and obviously I've seen nothing to change that. I also had the Orioles at 88 wins and a WC and that's also looking pretty good. I also be interested in hearing where you guys had the Orioles at as well. 
    • Interesting but before the season started I picked the Orioles to win 88 games and be a WC and this is looking right on the nose. I also had the Yankees and Dodgers in the WS and right now they probably are the favorites. The Yankees have really started to come on now and playing really good baseball. It sucks to write that but true
    • I get it but it still sucks if that is the case. I love Rod and was glad they bought him back for another year but maybe if he feels that strongly he should be working for the Steelers. And of course it has to be the Ravens biggest rival on top of it. Lol
    • Cedric is 6th in fly ball rate among all MLB hitters with 400+ PAs. He’s not quite Anthony in that respect (no one is), but hitting a medium depth fly ball is a task that’s right down his alley.  Just not a disciplined professional at bat.  You could tell right away, from the swing he took at the ball below the strike zone, that he was trying to force it.  Both of them were.
    • I realize it’s not a Ravens board, but it’s hard not to notice the similarities between the teams DNA.   Watching both teams finding ways to lose games within their grasp is exasperating.  Maybe things will change at some point.  All we can do is hope I guess 
  • Popular Contributors