Monday in Cleveland

Gurgi

14 hours ago, Philip said:

Maverick Handley

Handley has gotten beaten up by HBP and screwed by the quality of umpiring... but he has to continue to show he can hit.  It would be nice to see Adley move up so Handley can move up as well.  Hudgins has hit a few HR at AA but it looked as if he would have retired if not for the Rule 5 draft bringing him over from KC.   Aberdeen really experienced life without Handley this past weekend with Brnovich and Rom getting bombed with Roberts behind the plate.  As it looked like on Instagram/twitter that Handley was at Stanford getting his diploma.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CHIP said:

In 42 innings (5 games) at AAA, he has 2 errors and is 0 for 12 in trying to throw runners out.  He hits 3rd every game since the move so has 33 AB with 13 K and only 8 hits. Bit of an improvement over his MLB numbers but Norfolk has played A$$ teams the past couple weeks.  Are you wanting an offensive or defensive improvement.

The Orioles do need to do something.  Davis is a waste of space on the AAA roster except that the coaches/players like him.  So he is your bullpen guy.  Now that Ciuffo is also on the active roster at Norfolk, his defensive numbers are fairly consistent but he has moved slowly thru the minors before Baltimore for some reason.  

Need to start moving others up and down if there is no value for the garbage on the field... but one man's trash is another man's treasure...  For me?  You can only polish a terd so much

Thanks for the details.

The point under discussion was getting rid of Severino, and I brought up Sisco as a possible option after a little more time at Norfolk. I'm just tired of watching Severino give away extra bases by his inability to catch the ball, and it sounds like others feel the same way. Maybe as a veteran Severino has from value in the clubhouse or otherwise, but I've never heard that. I can't imagine that he does anything to help other catchers.

Sisco's 0 for 12 in CS seems really strange in light of his career numbers. Is there something odd going on there with the pitchers or infielders? (I see that Cumberland is 3 for 7.) No passed balls for Chance at Norfolk, anyway.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, spiritof66 said:

Thanks for the details.

The point under discussion was getting rid of Severino, and I brought up Sisco as a possible option after a little more time at Norfolk. I'm just tired of watching Severino give away extra bases by his inability to catch the ball, and it sounds like others feel the same way. Maybe as a veteran Severino has from value in the clubhouse or otherwise, but I've never heard that. I can't imagine that he does anything to help other catchers.

Sisco's 0 for 12 in CS seems really strange in light of his career numbers. Is there something odd going on there with the pitchers or infielders? (I see that Cumberland is 3 for 7.) No passed balls for Chance at Norfolk, anyway.

I guess after today we won't find out... unless he clears waivers and the orioles sign him to a minor league deal?  But then we go back to the same merry go round...