We’re about to get a huge dose of Blue Jays

Frobby

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wonder if fans of other teams constantly whine about switching divisions or dissolving leagues or whatever.  

The overriding factor here on this board, as it has been for years and years, is that a lot of you guys (not me, I don't whine about this) are really whining about being stuck in a division with the Yankees and Sox and their unlimited resources.  Some of you outwardly complain about it and other times you're looking for reasons why we should be in a division with the Nats, Phillies, Pirates and Mets, not coincidentally teams that are usually underperforming and when they happen to be good, aren't good for very long.

I wonder if Rays fans, all 37 of them or whatever, whine about being in this division.  Probably not as their team has figured out a way to beat the piss out of the Yankees on a budget that equates to a 3rd graders allowance.  I wonder if the Rangers fans whine about being in the AL Central.  Do Mariners fans complain about being in the NL West?

I get the sneaking suspicion that the only fanbase in baseball that actively fantasizes about switching divisions, re-alignment and other ways to avoid the Yankees and Sox is this one.

Odds are good ownership would fight tooth and nail to stay in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wonder if fans of other teams constantly whine about switching divisions or dissolving leagues or whatever.  

The overriding factor here on this board, as it has been for years and years, is that a lot of you guys (not me, I don't whine about this) are really whining about being stuck in a division with the Yankees and Sox and their unlimited resources.  Some of you outwardly complain about it and other times you're looking for reasons why we should be in a division with the Nats, Phillies, Pirates and Mets, not coincidentally teams that are usually underperforming and when they happen to be good, aren't good for very long.

I wonder if Rays fans, all 37 of them or whatever, whine about being in this division.  Probably not as their team has figured out a way to beat the piss out of the Yankees on a budget that equates to a 3rd graders allowance.  I wonder if the Rangers fans whine about being in the AL Central.  Do Mariners fans complain about being in the NL West?

I get the sneaking suspicion that the only fanbase in baseball that actively fantasizes about switching divisions, re-alignment and other ways to avoid the Yankees and Sox is this one.

I’m sure some do but the Maryland/Baltimore sports fan has a huge inferiority complex.  It’s always been pretty pathetic to me but it’s extremely prevalent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Odds are good ownership would fight tooth and nail to stay in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox.

Think we'll stay in the AL East when we move to Nashville?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I’m sure some do but the Maryland/Baltimore sports fan has a huge inferiority complex.  It’s always been pretty pathetic to me but it’s extremely prevalent.

It extends outside of sports, but it's most visible in sports.  Baltimore's inferiority complex is there for most everything.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Think we'll stay in the AL East when we move to Nashville?

It extends outside of sports, but it's most visible in sports.  Baltimore's inferiority complex is there for most everything.

Sure, maybe if they add two teams and make an AL South they'll move.