Sat. June 19th v. Blow Jays

scOtt

We suck so bad its hard to watch.  I was so happy with Mountcastle....but now its just a footnote.  And the retards over at MLB TV will be talking all about the Blue Jays.....on a day with six Oriole homeruns.  It hurts.  It sucks. 

• Upvote 3

This is a perfect game as far as I'm concerned. The Orioles entertain with a bunch of home runs then lose at the end. If I'm going to watch this bad of a ball club I at least want that number one draft pick next year.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He was of the opinion that his delivery added stress to his hip.

The issue was whether relievers can handle high number of back to back games effectively. O'Day could and it is generally though that sidearmers have greater longevity--I think it was four seasons in a row, improving each year. He eventually suffered injury, but that doesn't wipe out his record.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This is on Fry today. He was terrible. 

He was, but it was clear from the beginning that he was not himself. Why, because he had pitched less than 24 hours before. His velocity was down and slider wasn't moving, yet Hyde doesn't get anyone up until he loads the bases. Rushes Wells in and then it implodes.

Awful, awful pitching management.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He was, but it was clear from the beginning that he was not himself. Why, because he had pitched less than 24 hours before. His velocity was down and slider wasn't moving, yet Hyde doesn't get anyone up until he loads the bases. Rushes Wells in and then it implodes.

I disagree. It’s a 4:05 start not 11 AM. A major league reliever can’t pitch 2 day straight? How many times do relievers pitch a Sunday day game after a night game? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

We suck so bad its hard to watch.  I was so happy with Mountcastle....but now its just a footnote.  And the retards over at MLB TV will be talking all about the Blue Jays.....on a day with six Oriole homeruns.  It hurts.  It sucks. 

It sucks but how good Ryan is long term is more important than relievers stinking today. 

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I have been complaining about this as long as he has been our manager. I am no expert, but I can use basic common sense. The only thing more infuriating than what Hyde does with his pitching is the fact that none of the beat writers ever call him on it.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I disagree. It’s a 4:05 start not 11 AM. A major league reliever can’t pitch 2 day straight? How many times do relievers pitch a Sunday day game after a night game? 

Rarely is the answer. Look it up. Managers tend to stay away from back to back games from their relievers unless they have to and definitely unless they are both night games. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Awful, awful pitching management

I don’t know that Fry’s issue was a lack of rest.  He threw 14 pitches last night.  Before that, he threw 1 inning on the 16th and 1 inning on the 11th.  If he physically cannot handle going back to back days under those conditions then that’s a problem.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Rarely is the answer. Look it up. Managers tend to stay away from back to back games from their relievers unless they have to and definitely unless they are both night games. 

How many times does this team have a chance to win back to back? He isn’t overusing anyone. 

He failed today and it makes the manager look bad. Had Mullins hit a 3 run bomb last night with one out instead of 2 maybe he sits down. I know Buck never liked not to bring arms in after getting them warm.