Sir Sidney

CarrRun49

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hopefully he's happy and he managed to keep and invest some part of his $23M in career earnings.  But that's not a healthy weight.

It sure isn't a healthy weight.

I'm betting he doesn't have much of his career earnings left.  Anyway, he'd probably be our best starter behind Means right now.  I bet he could put up Harvey numbers, at least.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It sure isn't a healthy weight.

I'm betting he doesn't have much of his career earnings left.  Anyway, he'd probably be our best starter behind Means right now.  I bet he could put up Harvey numbers, at least.

I was going to say that his money may go a lot further in Aruba, but that's apparently not the case.

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cost-of-living/united-states/aruba

Aruba is 9.7% more expensive than United States.

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I was going to say that his money may go a lot further in Aruba, but that's apparently not the case.

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cost-of-living/united-states/aruba

I don't think it's uncommon that an island, especially one that small, is more expensive than the mainlands.  If you can't get things on the island naturally such as food, it needs to be imported, driving the prices up.  I don't know much about Aruba but I'm assuming the main thing that drives the economy is tourism.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think it's uncommon that an island, especially one that small, is more expensive than the mainlands.  If you can't get things on the island naturally such as food, it needs to be imported, driving the prices up.  I don't know much about Aruba but I'm assuming the main thing that drives the economy is tourism.  

It is the largest driver of their economy. And you're 100% right about small islands often having higher costs for groceries, etc. for the reason mentioned.

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

It is the largest driver of their economy. And you're 100% right about small islands often having higher costs for groceries, etc. for the reason mentioned.

This is true. Went to Turks & Caicos a couple years ago and grocery prices were like double compared to the USA. And it has to do with almost every good being imported. Alaska is similar with prices of groceries being higher because everything has to be brought in from a great distance. 

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

I feel dumb for asking..... but is he the one on the left or right in the picture?

My exact question when I saw that and noting no one had made it clear. I really am not sure. 

Btw, what a weird day. Daniel Cabrera and Sidney Ponson are both titles of threads on the board here in July 2021 

• Upvote 1