Fri July 16: Kansas City here we come

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know.  But Akin was supposed to be someone that, you know, could have been part of our future, or something.  

Not that I expected anything from him, but there should be a difference between a guy like him and a guy like Eshelman.  And yet, there isn't. In fact, I'd prefer to watch Eshelman than Akin.  

I really haven't been convinced Akin is going to be a starter for some time now, but now I'm wondering if he's a major league pitcher at all. But that's what this year was about. They've found out that Akin is who is was in the minors, and that's a guy who cannot command consistently and major league hitters have feasted on him.

11 minutes ago, KillerTofu said:

Does Hyde think that trotting the likes of Akin or Harvey out there every fifth day is going to bring something better? It’s the exact same thing every damn time! I believe the term “insanity” fits into that logic. 

Hyde can pitch only guys who are on the team, and Elias doesn't give a damn whether he gives Hyde a team that loses 100 games or 140 games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I really haven't been convinced Akin is going to be a starter for some time now, but now I'm wondering if he's a major league pitcher at all. But that's what this year was about. They've found out that Akin is who is was in the minors, and that's a guy who cannot command consistently and major league hitters have feasted on him.

I don't think he's got the stuff.  I don't see how a move to the bullpen would benefit him.  

You seem to believe that the command isn't there which is good to know.  I've been wondering if he's a guy who is nibbling or doesn't have command.  And if he doesn't have command, I'm not interested at all.  

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Honestly, I hope Hyde keep Akin out there to give up like 20 runs. Elias keeps shoving Akln down his throat because his "analytics" says his pitches should work. Unfortunately analytics doesn't take command into consideration. He's always been this guy. He can not consistently command throughout a game.

Are you saying that Mike Elias and company do not consider a pitcher’s control when evaluating his likelihood of success in the majors?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think he's got the stuff.  I don't see how a move to the bullpen would benefit him.  

You seem to believe that the command isn't there which is good to know.  I've been wondering if he's a guy who is nibbling or doesn't have command.  And if he doesn't have command, I'm not interested at all.  

The hope was if he could just become a fastball-slider guy and focus on those two pitches in short stints that his stuff would play up, but right now he has no command of anything.

• Upvote 1