N. Swisher traded to Yankees.

eddie-eddie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To whom among O's prospects is Jeff Marquez most comparable?

14) Jeffrey Marquez, RHP, Grade C+

4.69 ERA with 33/24 K/BB in 81 innings for Scranton, 93 hits allowed. Gets grounders but also has given up 12 homers. Not impressive.

Sickels

How were we not able to trade one of our young arms for Swisher?

Well, this says 1 of 2 things:

First of all, this may mean that they aren't going after Tex as Swisher will be their first baseman.

Or they may put Swisher in CF.

Thing is, Swisher isn't that good of a CFer and that is a huge OF in NY.

And of course, the Yankees stole him and we should have been all over this(unless they are giving up a lot more).

To whom among O's prospects is Jeff Marquez most comparable?

Sickels

How were we not able to trade one of our young arms for Swisher?

He is a dime a dozen arm it seems...if the Yanks don't have to give up more, this is a steal and another example of AM letting something get away.

This also lends further credence to the idea that I had with the White Sox and BRob.

Very irritating to see the Yanks take advantage of this while we continue to sit around and make a list of FAs we want. :mad:

I can't believe the MFY's would be dumb enough to put Swisher in their outfield, so I would imagine he's the new Giambi up there.

I'm just not all that enamored with Swisher. He's decent...

Hopefully this means they don't go after Tex.

That being said, we should have easily beat this deal...it is absurd that we let this happen even if it means they are out of the Tex sweepstakes.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the announcement that we have signed Millar to play first. :rolleyes:

Archived