Updated Fangraphs prospect list

Frobby

On the horse race, Rays may graduate 60 Brujan and 50 Walls also, though Brujan just got the Kelenic microscopic batting average return to minors, presumably because the MLB club called him up before he was ready to stay up.

Trade deadline probably the last thing to move any substantial pieces before offseason lists.   I know offseason trades can mix things up too, but am guessing MLB clubs in the dark won't do deals until the CBA while the various websites will give their offseason prospect content on the usual schedule starting soon after the World Series.

1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

Their Cruz rental cost a pair of 45's Strotman and Ryan.

McKenna, Westburg, Vavra, Bradish, Baumann, Stowers our present 45's by their reckoning.

Hopefully some combination of Cole Sulser, Tanner Scott, Paul Fry and Dillon Tate bring back 4-5 more 40's that could become 45's.

1 hour ago, 7Mo said:

Hopefully some combination of Cole Sulser, Tanner Scott, Paul Fry and Dillon Tate bring back 4-5 more 40's that could become 45's.

I don't imagine Scott and Tate are on the block or would bring back a whole lot in the way of value if they were traded.  And I wouldn't expect much more than a throw away prospect for Sulser or Fry.  This isn't Michal Givens or Miguel Castro.  None of the players you mention other than Scott carry any trade value and I just don't see him being on the trade block at this point.  Too far from free agency. 

19 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

McKenna rated too high, Westburg rated too low. I guess McKenna gets a higher rating due to him actually having played major league games.

They have always been a bit too smitten with tools and not production. McKenna does have tools but his inability to hit good velocity will limit his overall value despite his plus defensive and running tools.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, waynebug said:

I don't think Neustrom was on their top 45 list.  

He's having a fine year.  Superior to Stowers in some respects.  Keeps the strikeouts low. For a power hitter.  Already starting in right field in Norfolk.

476 foot Homer !!!

The national media haven't caught up to Neustrom yet. He really has grown on me this year, particularly his plate discipline and ability to tap into his raw power in games more often. He has a ways to go to catch up to Stowers' upside, but I like him a lot more this year overall and he's definitely on the prospect scene.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The national media haven't caught up to Neustrom yet. He really has grown on me this year, particularly his plate discipline and ability to tap into his raw power in games more often. He has a ways to go to catch up to Stowers' upside, but I like him a lot more this year overall and he's definitely on the prospect scene.

Neustrom's .639 OPS against LHP gives me pause as far as having everyday pro expectations.  At least he's finally in Norfolk. .872 OPS in 4 games. 

48 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Neustrom's .639 OPS against LHP gives me pause as far as having everyday pro expectations.  At least he's finally in Norfolk. .872 OPS in 4 games. 

There’s a place in this world for hitters who mash RHP but struggle against LHP.  

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Yes, I noticed that as well, but in 2018 and 2019 he actually hit lefties better than righties, so it could just be a small sample size issue. He hasn't looked overwhelmed by lefties so I'm still hopeful he can hang with them that would enable him to be full time guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1