Does Watkins Have Any Trade Value?

NelsonCruuuuuz

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I was at Fangraphs trying to find out his total days on the major league roster, but I was unsuccessful, although I’m sure the information is easy to find I just didn’t know where to find it.

He’s got his health care for life, and after 44 days on the 26-man, he gets his pension. While he’s accruing those days( which he probably will) he gets about $3500 a day.

Everything else is gravy.

He’s been on the roster since July 2, so 44 days kick in on about August 14.    

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Or Birdland....I think that was his username. He was on top of the Twitter thing though.

Yeah, Birdland was always posting tweets within like a minute.  I don’t think this is the same guy.  I’m pretty positive that it’s Rene88. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Was Rene88 also in deep with scouts?  :D

Rene88

Plus Member since 3/14

Plus Member

11,901 posts

Posted December 12, 2018

On 12/12/2018 at 8:19 AM,  interloper said: 

Luke, have you applied to scout for the Orioles? lol See also, why aren't you a ML scout yet?

Not an expert but getting in can be all about who you know. Long hours, hard work, underpaid. My friend and father were scouts and he told me many just stick with others they know in the industry and their success can often be closely tied with the people above them. Lots of ex players too. So when they are let go or rejoin another org, they tend to travel in packs, so to speak which can also make it hard to break in.

• Upvote 1