I haven’t seen any value in Domingo Leyba

Frobby

I realize it’s only been 20 games and 69 PA, but I really don’t see any value that Domingo Leyba brings to this team.   To me he’s a below average defender at 2B, and his .161/.246/.226 line speaks for itself.   He did hit well in 65 PA for Norfolk, but I’m just not seeing it.   Honestly I think Valaika is better.   

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Jones has been slumping.    237/311/387/698 in 93 At Bats in July.

I think Jones is a bit overrated here.  This is the first year that he's really hit in the minors and looks like he's regressing some back to the mean.  Defense is at 2B is highly suspect.   I don't see the path.  Seems like he won't hit enough to play OF or play d well enough to stick in the infield.  It's too bad Vavra got hurt because he could be knocking at the door.  Will be excited to see what Norby can do in a few weeks and hopefully he is a fast mover.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I think Jones is a bit overrated here.  This is the first year that he's really hit in the minors and looks like he's regressing some back to the mean.  Defense is at 2B is highly suspect.   I don't see the path.  Seems like he won't hit enough to play OF or play d well enough to stick in the infield.  It's too bad Vavra got hurt because he could be knocking at the door.  Will be excited to see what Norby can do in a few weeks and hopefully he is a fast mover.   

+1. Leyba also had a hot streak but is showing his true colors. Urias appears to be the keeper of the group. 

2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

And Urias goes to 2B, right?

Hope so.   His July feels like April Mullins too good to be true range.   Odds are the league will figure him out in Aug/Sep, but I think he's earned temporary Ripken-esque status.    

Even if he swings at every pitch out of the zone today and tomorrow, he's probably looking at the best Oriole result of the year plate discipline wise, as a monthly chunk.