We are not facing Gerrit Cole tomorrow

SteveA

Don't think it's official yet but it looks like we might face Nestor Cortes, our former Rule 5 send back.

He's had a good year for the Yankees, mostly in the pen but a few spot starts.  But he is a lefty, and we actually are one of the better teams in MLB at hitting lefties.  So we've got a legitimate shot at winning this series.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

Don't think it's official yet but it looks like we might face Nestor Cortes, our former Rule 5 send back.

He's had a good year for the Yankees, mostly in the pen but a few spot starts.  But he is a lefty, and we actually are one of the better teams in MLB at hitting lefties.  So we've got a legitimate shot at winning this series.

Nestor the MO - LESS - ter.  :new_beer:  One of @Luke-OH's picks.  ⚾

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SteveA said:

So if Wellsie has a decent outing and we somehow pull out a victory from the jaws of defeat, the Dark Knight could seal the Yankees doom!

Seeing the Yankees are promoting Luis Gil.    In May/June, he was one of the AA Northeast pitchers doing about as well as DL Hall and later Grayson Rodriguez.

The AAA ball, etc. has inflated his ERA lately.    

Developmentally, I wonder who between Grayson and the Orioles decides if/when he can hold the AAA/MLB baseball.

BP had this this morning in a story about EV for minors hitters:

This data also highlights another major difference in baseball between the low minors and majors: the baseball itself. Though the upper minors now use the MLB baseball design, the lower minors utilize a different model, one built by machine in China. This ball, it appears, travels significantly less far for a given combination of exit velocity and launch angle than its major league equivalent. For example, a typical 23 degree, 97 mile per hour flyball in the majors goes about 346 feet. In the minors data, it goes 342 feet, or four feet less. It’s a small difference, but enough to matter a lot for whether the ball ends up over the fence.

15 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Yankees just played the Marlins where Mattingly tested positive. The Orioles have recently played the Marlins and now are at the Yankees, so chances are an Oriole might be testing positive soon and have to go on the covid list. 

I don’t think there’s any evidence that Cole caught it from the Marlins, that’s speculation. Covid is everywhere. 

38 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I don’t think there’s any evidence that Cole caught it from the Marlins, that’s speculation. Covid is everywhere. 

I'm not saying it's a definite, but it's just something to pay attention to as the Orioles are playing against opponents that have personnel on the covid list right. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Wells is going to get lit up tonight, so I'm not sure it matters who pitches for the Yankees, but man last night's game was a true pleasure. The team was really firing on all cylinders. Maybe they can jump this rookie?

They are RH heavy so that’s a possibility, but I thought I remember seeing Wells is better vs RHB. 

• Upvote 1