Shorebirds lineup tonight

Just Regular

Anybody want to guess?   MinorLeagueBaseball preview at this hour only gives the batter roster alphabetically:

Burns       (1B/DH?)

Cook

Cowser      (LF)

Hernaiz      (SS)

Janvrin

Mayo         (3B)

Michaels

Norby        (2B)

Pavolony    (C)

Rhodes      (RF)

Teter

Trimble     (1B/DH?)

Williams    (CF)

Tonight feels like Dean Smith doing the five substitutions at a time thing.

1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

Anybody want to guess?   MinorLeagueBaseball preview at this hour only gives the batter roster alphabetically:

Burns       (1B/DH?)

Cook

Cowser      (LF)

Hernaiz      (SS)

Janvrin

Mayo         (3B)

Michaels

Norby        (2B)

Pavolony    (C)

Rhodes      (RF)

Teter

Trimble     (1B/DH?)

Williams    (CF)

Tonight feels like Dean Smith doing the five substitutions at a time thing.

I can't wait to get out and see them later this week. As long as the weather permits I should have time to catch 3-4 games.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

I love it.  Colby Mayo and 8 draft picks from 2021 in the starting lineup--a complete roster turnover.  Delmarva just went from being our least interesting affiliate to being our most interesting affiliate.     

Completely agree.  I've been checking in on Delmarva nightly only to see how Hernaiz has been hitting, but the influx of new draftees seems to have pushed him to the bench.

8 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

Completely agree.  I've been checking in on Delmarva nightly only to see how Hernaiz has been hitting, but the influx of new draftees seems to have pushed him to the bench.

For one game.  I would expect Hernaiz to continue to get regular playing time.  They can rotate other infielders to the DH spot. 

Really, Hernaiz was the only real position prospect remaining from the original team after all of these promotions. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

For one game.  I would expect Hernaiz to continue to get regular playing time.  They can rotate other infielders to the DH spot. 

Really, Hernaiz was the only real position prospect remaining from the original team after all of these promotions. 

Agreed.  I think they still like Hernaiz and he'll still get plenty of ABs.

It was kind of cool to see a full "fresh" lineup though.  That has to build some comradery among the players.

I am curious to see last stretch how "grizzled veteran" Hernaiz will play.   Like, that was a nice parlor trick, but I'm in the conversation for second best prospect on the team.    I looked at his monthly splits and he has slugged .350 give or take a few points virtually every month.

He just turned 20 two weeks ago, and between either seeing pitchers who have been in the league all year like him, or new guys getting their feet wet like his teammates, maybe should have a little advantage.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

With Burns and Norby it will definitely cut down on Hernaiz's defensive reps. He was playing defense virtually everyday.  Gonna be tough to do that now with Mayo also on the team at 3B.

I suppose Burns and Hernaiz may end up having the same kind of Old Guy/Young Guy thing as Westburg and Henderson where they are sometimes teammates and rivals for shortstop game reps.