Shorebirds lineup tonight

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Ridgway22 said:

The Delmarva juggernaut keeps rolling with 17 runs. 10 walks in the game for Shorebird batters, 10 strikeouts. So now that is 30 walks vs 22 K's since the 2021 kids were promoted from Florida. Early next week I'll be floating on a catamaran in the Agean sea, and won't be thinking about such things, but for today, it feels good, especially after watching Herr Fried render our major league team neutered, and now I have to stop this run on sentence. 

You beat me to most of this...

Since the 2020-21 draft players arrived from the FCL:

Tues: Del 10, Frd 1
Wed: Del 3, Frd 1
Thu: Del 11, Frd 9
Fri: Del 17, Frd 1

41 runs in 33 offensive innings the last 4 days.  The @shorebirds have drawn 30 BB in these 4 games and have a .435 team OBP this week.

Edited by Filmstudy
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

You beat me to most of this...

Since the 2020-21 draft players arrived from the FCL:

Tues: Del 10, Frd 1
Wed: Del 3, Frd 1
Thu: Del 11, Frd 9
Fri: Del 17, Frd 1

41 runs in 33 offensive innings the last 4 days.  The @shorebirds have drawn 30 BB in these 4 games and have a .435 team OBP this week.

Not to be  wet blanket, but it should be noted that this has all been against a terrible Fredericksburg team.

You can tell the heavy use of drafting position players is paying off. There are very few “non prospect” types getting significant playing time with the full season teams currently. Bowie and Delmarva are stacked with prospects. 

Next year’s OD Delmarva team will be interesting. It should have lots of international signings that are in the FCL right now. Hopefully, Kjerstad too. 

I noticed Ryne Ogren was in the lineup for Delmarva.  He's 24 and an infielder who converted to C this season.  Here is his minor league record:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=ogren-000ryn

He looks to me like a Willy Yahn type player the organization can move to any level to fill a gap.  Assuming Creed Willems hits in the FCL, would we expect to see him in Delmarva this season?

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You can tell the heavy use of drafting position players is paying off. There are very few “non prospect” types getting significant playing time with the full season teams currently. Bowie and Delmarva are stacked with prospects. 

Next year’s OD Delmarva team will be interesting. It should have lots of international signings that are in the FCL right now. Hopefully, Kjerstad too. 

Are the O's going to have to grab guys off the waiver wire to complete their minor league pitching staffs?  Trying to keep an open mind, but has such an extreme drafting strategy every worked?

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Are the O's going to have to grab guys off the waiver wire to complete their minor league pitching staffs?  Trying to keep an open mind, but has such an extreme drafting strategy every worked?

You can pick up free agent minor league pitchers no problem at all.

The O's won't lack for bodies for the rotations.

56 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Pitching is really hard to keep healthy and develop.  So if Elias wants to go with all bats then trade for pitching, I’m ok with that. I just want him to take the top bats. 

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

They’ve drafted plenty of pitchers, just not in the early rounds.   So, they’ll have bodies.  Delmarva is 3rd in its league in ERA despite the fact that Elias hasn’t drafted early.