Connolly article on pitching

Sports Guy

13 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

That would be why I said "I think" right there at the start of my comment.

That was to indicate what followed was speculation.

Yea but when you are trolling someone, you tend to not pay attention to the actual words.  So, you have to cut him some slack.

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Either this guy is being completely serious or he's being sarcastic because he knows Sedlock, Jannis, Young and Lyons aren't considered by anyone to be legit options.  

I'm betting that he's being serious, though.  

He is.  There is likely some sarcasm In there but he is in that group of people who Don’t think Elias can do anything wrong and the proof is the #2 ranking.

2 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

Could you buy out the last 1-2 years of Carter Stewart contract in Japan $7 M over 6 years, ends in 2024 but he is an unrestricted FA after he turns 25 in Nov 2023.

I hadn't learned those details of Stewart's endgame, but if that is the case in 2024, there are probably some universes where he is getting $20M per year from some club who will be thrilled to have a young FA, and Grayson will be on his 3rd year of club control if things stay about the same.

I would say the 2024 Orioles could be at a right point for him to be that splurge, but I'm not sure Elias would want that contrast in the locker room every day for some of the best Adley years.

I think Elias' "myriad ways to import pitching" with the gaggle this afternoon is about as close to divulging precise information as it gets on his personal scale.

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

He is.  There is likely some sarcasm In there but he is in that group of people who Don’t think Elias can do anything wrong and the proof is the #2 ranking.

That’s crazy. 

I like Elias enough. I think he’s doing what needs to be done, mostly. At least the philosophy of building a modern organization with advanced metrics and an international presence is there. 

But there’s a legit fear that he’s not going to have enough arms to get this organization on track.  I sincerely hope he drafts a ton of pitching next year and gets some good talent in free agency (Ray, Stroman, Gray, etc). 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

That’s crazy. 

I like Elias enough. I think he’s doing what needs to be done, mostly. At least the philosophy of building a modern organization with advanced metrics and an international presence is there. 

But there’s a legit fear that he’s not going to have enough arms to get this organization on track.  I sincerely hope he drafts a ton of pitching next year and gets some good talent in free agency (Ray, Stroman, Gray, etc). 

Oh no…don’t say that’s a fear.  If you do, your arguments are baseless and you don’t know anything.  All that matters is the Os are ranked #2.