A 9-Run Outburst Leads To A Win (Game Recap)

cboemmeljr

Fell asleep on the couch with the dog last night while watching the game.  Woke up, didn't know what time it was.  Saw the Orioles on the TV, figured it was a MASN replay or something.  Then saw it was 9-8.  It was around 10:20.

WTF?

Rewound the game, saw the 9 run explosion.  Pretty amazing.  With two outs and Mullins hitting that lazy fly to RF, I was like "How the hell..." and then I saw the centerfielder drifting in and I was like "ITS GOING TO BE A GLORIOUS COLLISION!!!" but I was deprived of that.  Still, that was one of the more boneheaded plays you'll ever see.  You don't see an outfielder straight up miss a flyball like that, I don't care if the centerfielder made him flinch or not.

And then Mountcastle...glorious.  

16 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Fell asleep on the couch with the dog last night while watching the game.  Woke up, didn't know what time it was.  Saw the Orioles on the TV, figured it was a MASN replay or something.  Then saw it was 9-8.  It was around 10:20.

WTF?

Rewound the game, saw the 9 run explosion.  Pretty amazing.  With two outs and Mullins hitting that lazy fly to RF, I was like "How the hell..." and then I saw the centerfielder drifting in and I was like "ITS GOING TO BE A GLORIOUS COLLISION!!!" but I was deprived of that.  Still, that was one of the more boneheaded plays you'll ever see.  You don't see an outfielder straight up miss a flyball like that, I don't care if the centerfielder made him flinch or not.

And then Mountcastle...glorious.  

He should have caught it, no doubt, but I think the dumb centerfielder made contact with his leg, discombobulated (is that a word?) him somewhat.

I saw the 8th inning again on MASN last night, and boy, the umpire missed calling a couple of perfect strikes that really hurt the  Royals' pitchers.  The one curve ball was right down the middle of the plate, and the ump called it a ball.  And he clearly missed a strike three call earlier on the outside corner that would have been the second out of the 8th inning.    The third basemen missing that fairly easy pop fly in foul territory was also a major contributor to the huge inning for the Os.

Edited by Chelsea_Phil