Who do you want to win the Yankees-Red Sox wild card game?

Frobby

Who do you want to win the Yankees-Red Sox wild card game?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Yankees-Red Sox wild card game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/21 at 00:00

The Red Sox. The Yankees were supposed to be the class of the AL and to not even get a home playoff game would be deeply humiliating to them. Also I think the Yankees are more of a threat to get hot and run the table, whereas I think the Red Sox have pretty slim odds of getting past Tampa Bay. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

The Red Sox. The Yankees were supposed to be the class of the AL and to not even get a home playoff game would be deeply humiliating to them. Also I think the Yankees are more of a threat to get hot and run the table, whereas I think the Red Sox have pretty slim odds of getting past Tampa Bay. 

Don't think I could word this any better.  Fully agree.

I guess I am rooting for an extra inning marathon that results in both teams exhausting their bullpens.   Day off tomorrow, but every little bit helps.   

I hate the Yankees just a smidge more than the Red Sox, but I also feel that Red Sox fans have had way too much happiness the last 15 years or so and deserve the dissatisfaction of losing to their rivals on their own home turf.   

I can’t bring myself to vote on this, even though I started the poll.   I just pray that whichever team wins is quickly dispatched by Tampa.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess I am rooting for an extra inning marathon that results in both teams exhausting their bullpens.   Day off tomorrow, but every little bit helps.   

I hate the Yankees just a smidge more than the Red Sox, but I also feel that Red Sox fans have had way too much happiness the last 15 years or so and deserve the dissatisfaction of losing to their rivals on their own home turf.   

I can’t bring myself to vote on this, even though I started the poll.   I just pray that whichever team wins is quickly dispatched by Tampa.   

This. 

I hate them both. It's never the right thing to hope for a brawl and some injuries, but if it happens I won't be upset.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s a measure of how much we hate these teams that this poll was live for about 8 hours, got 59 views and yet only five people could bring themselves to vote.  

I don't hate either team.  I'm worried more about the Orioles than I am either of these teams.  If anything I'm rooting against the Rays because of their owner.

I have to root against the Yankees. I've been doing that for almost 60 years, and it's not a habit I can break, or want to break. An injury or two would help, but I'll settle for Cole's big-game flop.

I'm a little ambivalent because if the Yankees are eliminated my rooting interest in the rest of the post-season will be drastically reduced. I'm also concerned that if they lose tonight, they will spend a few hundred million on free agents for their infield and starting staff, but that's life.

15 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I have to root against the Yankees. I've been doing that for almost 60 years, and it's not a habit I can break, or want to break. An injury or two would help, but I'll settle for Cole's big-game flop.

I'm a little ambivalent because if the Yankees are eliminated my rooting interest in the rest of the post-season will be drastically reduced. I'm also concerned that if they lose tonight, they will spend a few hundred million on free agents for their infield and starting staff, but that's life.

They need a new 3B Coach too. Phil Nevin sending Judge was a huge mistake. 1st and 3rd 1 out is SOOOO much better than 2B with 2 outs. Could have changed the whole game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

They need a new 3B Coach too. Phil Nevin sending Judge was a huge mistake. 1st and 3rd 1 out is SOOOO much better than 2B with 2 outs. Could have changed the whole game.

Maybe Tyler Nevin will be available?

I didn't get a good look at it, but I was pretty sure, and blog comments I've seen have confirmed, that Stanton didn't bother running on his single high off the wall. But I haven't heard the ESPN guys mention it. It's been a long season, but you'd think in a one-game playoff guys could run out fly balls even if they think they'll be out of the park or caught.

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Maybe Tyler Nevin will be available?

I didn't get a good look at it, but I was pretty sure, and blog comments I've seen have confirmed, that Stanton didn't bother running on his single high off the wall. But I haven't heard the ESPN guys mention it. It's been a long season, but you'd think in a one-game playoff guys could run out fly balls even if they think they'll be out of the park or caught.

The Yankees deserved to lose, although I was hoping they'd eliminate the Red Sox, who seemed strangely loose and happy the whole game.