2022 MLB Draft Discussion (Use this thread to discuss all picks, not Orioles picks)

My biggest concern is Jackson Holliday.   Not based on fact but for me he has a Hunter Harvey vibe.  Feels like it will take him awhile to mature and be "ready."  From the interviews lacks the presence of Jones, Johnson or Green.  He is obviously an athletic kid, with natural skills but not a centerpiece player.  Fine as a mid to late first round pick but not 1:1.  Write-ups on Johnson emphasize that he is a great hitter with 65-75 hit tool.  Knock is size and that he doesn't play a premium position.   I think everyone is over rotating on the under-slot point with TJ.   It's either Jones or Johnson for me and  if TJ costs $1m less and signs faster all the better. 

15 hours ago, Sydnor said:

Not a mock draft, but I find it interesting because I have found that Vegas usually knows something. I’ll note that the odds could swing several times between now and Sunday as they did with Jabari Smith and Paola Banchero in the lead up to the NBA draft and Aiden Hutchinson and Travon Walker in the lead up to the NFL draft, so take it for what it’s worth at this point. Nevertheless, here are the current odds for who will be the number one pick:

Brooks Lee -350

Druw Jones +275

Termarr Johnson +350

Jackson Holliday +1100

Elijah Green +5000

Jacob Berry +5000

Kevin Parada +10000

Gavin Cross +10000

https://www.actionnetwork.com/mlb/brooks-lee-favorite-odds-betting-mlb-draft-druw-jones-termarr-johnson-orioles/amp

Are they taking action from Mike Elias or Sig Mejdal?      Could be a heck of a Retirement plan in one fell swoop here!

I'm curious if a photo of the Orioles draft board was leaked, and it had Lee (or Johnson, Holiday, anyone not Jones) ranked as the top prospect. Who would you all want them to take? Is it still Jones, or is it who they see as the best player?

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I'm curious if a photo of the Orioles draft board was leaked, and it had Lee (or Johnson, Holiday, anyone not Jones) ranked as the top prospect. Who would you all want them to take? Is it still Jones, or is it who they see as the best player?

I want them to take who they think is the best player.  Not the cheapest, not the guy who moves the fastest but the guy they think is the best and highest ceiling talent in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I want them to take who they think is the best player.  Not the cheapest, not the guy who moves the fastest but the guy they think is the best and highest ceiling talent in the draft.

Without question, that’s Jones. With Holiday, Lee good alternatives imo. (And Lesko for me). 

Keith Law’s last mock has us taking Holiday, but he admits it’s just an educated guess.  I haven’t seen many mocks where Holiday isn’t in the top 3, so not sure how much you save.  Seems Johnson and Lee would save more.  Don’t know why you would take Holiday over Jones unless you really think Jones will sit out unless paid slot or over.