2022 MLB Draft Discussion (Use this thread to discuss all picks, not Orioles picks)

40 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sure, and we can list all of the pitchers drafted in the top 5 rounds over the last 30 years and check on the success rate there as well.  It ain't pretty.   Obviously, we hope GRod and Hall are the exceptions along with very few others along the way.  

The pitching pipeline has been constructed.  The oil just hasn't reached the other end yet.

Dominican Republic and Venezuela.  Now I welcome your snark.

I don't know where to find your post about the pitching pipeline come from the international group, but I liked it and think it deserves its own thread at some point. It's a valid theory for sure, though I still hope we go big on pitching today.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I love Day 2 of the draft, when the picks come in fast and furious.  It's probably my least productive day of the year at work haha.  The only other competition would be trade deadline day.

Agreed.   Seeing the guys on MLB.com trying to keep up is funny, too.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So the MLB.com draft tracker has been stuck on #86 for about 15 minutes.   Is there a better online draft tracker?

Or could this only be happening to me, I know the way they have our work computers locked down sometimes affects what I can see.   But the link below only goes through 86 for me:

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/2022/all/round/3

Refresh the page.  It's been stuck for me before, too.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Refresh the page.  It's been stuck for me before, too.

I've refreshed dozens of times.   It's still at 86.  I found a CBS page that isn't updating every pick but at least it is into the 4th round, looks like it refreshes every dozen or so picks.

Edit:   And yes, I tried clearing my browser cache too.   

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

So the MLB.com draft tracker has been stuck on #86 for about 15 minutes.   Is there a better online draft tracker?

Or could this only be happening to me, I know the way they have our work computers locked down sometimes affects what I can see.   But the link below only goes through 86 for me:

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/2022/all/round/3

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-draft-tracker-2022-results-picks/nro2kwj63ymphkvl5vb3ffak

• Thanks 1