2021 Orioles #5 Prospect - DL Hall -LHP

Tony-OH

Hall has the best overall stuff I may have ever seen when it's all working. He had a few outings where hitters had no chance on all four oh his offerings. It's all about health and whether he will ever have consistent control that will allow him to stay a starter. There is little doubt he has the repertoire to stay there.

If Hall had stayed healthy this year, he may have competed with Grayson for the #2 spot on the list.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hall has the best overall stuff I may have ever seen when it's all working. He had a few outings where hitters had no chance on all four oh his offerings. It's all about health and whether he will ever have consistent control that will allow him to stay a starter. There is little doubt he has the repertoire to stay there.

If Hall had stayed healthy this year, he may have competed with Grayson for the #2 spot on the list.

Yea..I have had Grayson ahead of Hall for a few years now but I believed then and still do now that Hall has the higher upside.  I just think Grayson has a higher floor and his ceiling is still pretty high itself.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea..I have had Grayson ahead of Hall for a few years now but I believed then and still do now that Hall has the higher upside.  I just think Grayson has a higher floor and his ceiling is still pretty high itself.  

Had Hall ahead a couple of years ago, but then his control issues came up and he was injured. During that time, Grayson's stuff took a great step forward too. If both are healthy and dealing, its jackpot time. Could the Orioles ever be so lucky?

Maybe the most important prospect in our system, in that the difference between him staying healthy and ending up anywhere near his ceiling vs. becoming Hunter Harvey is enormous.   It will be much easier for the O’s to be contenders if Rodriguez and Hall are performing like TOR starters.   

7 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Could the Orioles ever be so lucky?

I will answer that for you.  No. Haha.

But if they were?  And you add Means and then supplement?  Then you're on to something.  I agree with CoC, Hall is a critical component of this rebuild.  Not really a good thing at this point for so much to be riding on an arm that has already shown some issues, but hopefully they continue to stockpile behind am.

Anyway, people know how I feel about Hall.  He's my personal favorite prospect and I have him 3rd, but understand Tony's reasons for placing him here and honestly I thought Tony would have him a bit lower.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe the most important prospect in our system, in that the difference between him staying healthy and ending up anywhere near his ceiling vs. becoming Hunter Harvey is enormous.   It will be much easier for the O’s to be contenders if Rodriguez and Hall are performing like TOR starters.   

Kjerstad too has an insanely wide range of possible outcomes but I agree with Hall just because we are also in such dire need of pitching and we don't have too many alternatives after him. 

I just have no belief that Hall will recover from his injury and improve his control enough to be the pitcher he’s capable of being. It just doesn’t work like that for O’s fans. The talent is all there but something is gonna go wrong. It’s just the way we’ve been conditioned. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

What changed between this year and last year that caused you to elevate him one spot, especially over Gunnar who was one spot ahead last year?

• Thanks 1