Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?

• Felix Bautista - RHP and Brandon Young - RHP
    • Joey Ortiz - SS/2B and Terrin Vavra - 2B/CF
    • JD Mundy - 1B and Hudson Haskin - OF
    • John Rhodes - OF and Reed Trimble - OF
    • Creed Willems - C and Raul Rangel - RHP

This poll is closed to new votes

This one is really anybody’s guess.   Nice to be at no. 19 and have 10 plausible names for the next two spots.   I went with Ortiz/Vavra because they’re the furthest up the ladder and have done well to this point.   Of course they have big question marks after being hurt the majority of the year following strong early performances.  

• Upvote 1

We’re about to be 20 spots deep into this and again, no relievers, 1B/DHs,or former top prospects that were clinging too because we have nobody else. 

I think we’re going Rhodes and Trimble here because of upside but also Vavra/Ortiz we’re having good beginnings of the season at Bowie before they went down with injuries. It’s not crazy to say that those two would be looking at starting next year in AAA had those injuries not happened. 

We have Gunnar and Westburg as our big time prospects for the infield. However, the depth of Urias, Mateo, Guiterrez, Grenier, Jones, Ortiz, and Vavra is a luxury of Middle Infielders that has taken us years to build. Bowie’s IF is going to be crowded and may force an early promotion for Westburg and/or Vavra to AAA. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re about to be 20 spots deep into this and again, no relievers, 1B/DHs,or former top prospects that were clinging too because we have nobody else. 

I think we’re going Rhodes and Trimble here because of upside but also Vavra/Ortiz we’re having good beginnings of the season at Bowie before they went down with injuries. It’s not crazy to say that those two would be looking at starting next year in AAA had those injuries not happened. 

We have Gunnar and Westburg as our big time prospects for the infield. However, the depth of Urias, Mateo, Guiterrez, Grenier, Jones, Ortiz, and Vavra is a luxury of Middle Infielders that has taken us years to build. Bowie’s IF is going to be crowded and may force an early promotion for Westburg and/or Vavra to AAA. 

I agree with you here.

I am surprised that the voting is not closer than it is, though.  I expected a lot more parity in people's assessment of talent/potential this far down the list.  The Ortiz/Vavra combo is running away with the voting.

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Is the polling done now? I'd be curious to do a big 21-30 poll. Could be a lot of ways to go with that part of the list. 

I wasn't sure there would be much interest after 20 when it comes to order.. I could do one like 21-25 I guess.. 

15 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Go back and read the draft threads. Rhodes and Trimble were not guys that were supposed to be there when we picked and for what we signed them for. Both draft eligible sophomores that got “2nd round” money. Lots of upside. 

I don't get the sense that Tony's as high on them as some others are. It would be really interesting to see where they might fit in a list 2-3 years ago versus now.

There's still Rhodes, Trimble, Haskin, Willems, Bautista, Young, Craig, Deson, Williams, Hernaiz, Mundy, Servideo and at least a couple of DSL guys that are worth keeping an eye on.

I'm not saying most of these guys will pan out, but several at least have a chance. I mean, who knows what Trendon Craig will turn into? But he was picked over slot, came with some hype and got invited to instructionals. That's interesting at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I don't get the sense that Tony's as high on them as some others are. It would be really interesting to see where they might fit in a list 2-3 years ago versus now.

There's still Rhodes, Trimble, Haskin, Willems, Bautista, Young, Craig, Deson, Williams, Hernaiz, Mundy, Servideo and at least a couple of DSL guys that are worth keeping an eye on.

I'm not saying most of these guys will pan out, but several at least have a chance. I mean, who knows what Trendon Craig will turn into? But he was picked over slot, came with some hype and got invited to instructionals. That's interesting at least.

Plus Watson, Peek, Sedlock, Kevin Smith, Neustrom. Even if they are low ceiling guys, you've got several guys with a good chance of making the majors in some capacity. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1