I'm already over this offseason.

Moose Milligan

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess you’re too young to remember when the goalposts were at the front of the end zone.  Or when a jump shot from 24 feet was only worth 2 points.    

I am too young to remember those!  Good examples, though.

Who the hell thought the goalposts at the front of the end zone were a good idea in the first place?  Major safety hazard.

9 hours ago, connja said:

These are the types of players that affect us more so than any of the big time FAs. Or now that certain teams are “going for it” does that expand the Means/Mullins market. 

Just by glancing at the AL Standings, I see us as the only team that is tanking 2022. Until we get our pitching staff figured out, I don’t think we really have a choice of where we finish. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess you’re too young to remember when the goalposts were at the front of the end zone.  Or when a jump shot from 24 feet was only worth 2 points.    

Between what Tiger used to do to golf courses and the improvement of clubs and the golf ball, golf courses are much longer now on the pro level.

Lots is sports make changes that go with the times.  

The fallout from these more than expected FA contracts should make Means and Mullins that much more attractive.  Heck, maybe Sulser too. Also, there has been a huge talent shift from the NL to the AL so far. At least from what I’ve seen. That only makes things harder for us. 

Any word of how hard the NL DH will be pushed in the new CBA?  

Edited by sportsfan8703

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am too young to remember those!  Good examples, though.

Who the hell thought the goalposts at the front of the end zone were a good idea in the first place?  Major safety hazard.

They only changed it when Tom Dempsey kicked a field goal from his own 37 yard line.    But yeah, collisions with the base were not unusual, plus it sort of served as an extra blocker.   

NFL, go screw yourself.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The fallout from these more than expected FA contracts should make Means and Mullins that much more attractive.  Heck, maybe Sulser too. Also, there has been a huge talent shift from the NL to the AL so far. At least from what I’ve seen. That only makes things harder for us. 

Any word of how hard the NL DH will be pushed in the new CBA?  

Also sets the market higher for any FA's the O's might pursue. So much for the theory that having multiple SS's available would make for a buyers market. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Don't give up hope yet, @Moose Milligan!

lol

It would be a pretty good offensive team if we could throw Correa at SS. 

Mullins

Correa

Mountcastle

Adley

Mancini

Hays

Santander

Urias

3B

Of course, there’s a better chance that we’re contracted in the CBA negotiations than for us to sign Correa, but we gotta have something to talk about on here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Mullins

Correa

Mountcastle

Adley

Mancini

Hays

Santander

Urias

3B

Of course, there’s a better chance that we’re contracted in the CBA negotiations than for us to sign Correa, but we gotta have something to talk about on here. 

And with his recent Jeter comments, I think the O's faithful could probably overlook the trash cans. :D 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

lol

Correa's meticulous about cultivating East, Central and West, so the Cubs can push the Dodgers and Yankees as the upstart Rangers have stolen musical chairs from the blue bloods and set attractive benchmarks.

I imagine he'll be open to whatever slingshots him past Trout until Soto goes all 1920 Babe Ruth on the guaranteed money record.

Bryce may not be underwater whenever he's ready to peace out on Philadelphia.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Correa's meticulous about cultivating East, Central and West, so the Cubs can push the Dodgers and Yankees as the upstart Rangers have stolen musical chairs from the blue bloods and set attractive benchmarks.

I imagine he'll be open to whatever slingshots him past Trout until Soto goes all 1920 Babe Ruth on the guaranteed money record.

Bryce may not be underwater whenever he's ready to peace out on Philadelphia.

You might have the most distinctive writing style on the site. I'm not sure I understood a word of this... lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

lol

I don't know that I'd want Correa.

First of all, he's a bitch.  

Second, he can never stay healthy.  He's a tremendous talent on the field, but he's always hurt.  109 games in 2017, 110 games in 2018, 75 games in 2019...2020, whatever.  Finally, 148 games last year.

Maybe it's been bad luck, maybe not.  I'm not taking the time to look up what his ailments have been.  I'd love to be wrong.

But there's no chance we're ponying up money to sign that guy today before the lockout starts.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

You might have the most distinctive writing style on the site. I'm not sure I understood a word of this... lol. 

I just want 105.7 The Fan to get a Correa interview too so he can say he's open to a rebuild in the Baltimore market as well as the Chicago market.

Rosenthal's Athletic story today gives interested teams as Astros, Dodgers, Yankees, Mariners, Cardinals, Phillies, Blue Jays, Angels and Red Sox, so I can see him feeling neglected and wanting to make sure the Cubs know to bid too.   You really want to go 100% on the biggest markets.

https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-correa-rumors

51 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Mullins

Correa

Mountcastle

Adley

Mancini

Hays

Santander

Urias

3B

I would still trade Mullins, assuming we can get close to or ML ready talent (preferably pitching).  It would also help keep future costs down since Mullins hits arbitration soon and keeping costs down with a $35M contract would be good.