Cedric on the block

connja

CF supply and demand wise, the Rays are there with Kiermaier and Margot alongside Buxton and Laureano for buyers to comparison shop.   

Some guesses of asks from the other clubs in Heyman's tweet, where Miami was notably absent:

PHI - Abel and Bohm

TEX - Leiter or Jung

HOU - Leon and Pena for two up the middle positions, Whitley wildcard?

SFG - have to name recognize Luis Matos, their youngest Top 5 prospect in MLB's list today.   Their SS Luciano entered 2021 at near-Jasson hype levels and didn't have an overwhelming year; Harrison got $1M more than Baumler as a high school Class of 2020 left-hander and if Baumler had had the year Harrison just did, it might have made Coby Mayo "the other one".

NYY - Jasson and Gleyber

I suppose Hays would benefit from a clear CF runway to gild his own lily until July if everyone before Mountcastle is kaput, or if we should watch Castellanos' free agency like Starling's in case everyone before Adley is kaput.

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I am not one of those people who vilifies ownership and assumes they have no regard for winning.   I also do not think it is in their self interest for the Orioles to have many more consecutive losing seasons.  The fan base already has deteriorated, and you can sense that even those fans who bought into the teardown/rebuild are getting antsy.   The whole idea of the extreme teardown is not to have a period of prolonged losing that resembles 1998-2011.   At some point you have to push your chips to the middle of the table.   You can debate if that time is now, but it sure ain’t 2026.

It is in their own self interest to keep expenses as low as possible for a sale.  When PA dies determines this.  If he hangs on for another 3-5 years, it is possible they keep things as cheap as possible.

If Elias isn’t proactively signing Mullins and other homegrown talents to longterm contracts to buy out arbitration/free agency years, they should look to sell high and truly stock the system so there’s a major in flux of talent ascending to the major league roster in a couple years. Then they have a young, talented controllable core competing with the AL East heavies and possibly u seat them ala the Tampa model.

The Os held Machado and others too long and the return was scant - you can’t have it both ways - i figure you’re either winning or losing - if you’re losing, you might as well lose with a purpose and flipping guys like Means, Mullins and even Mancini now are in the best interests of the organization so they’re as strong as possible when they are ready to compete.

46 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I think the Marlins are a good trade partner too.  What are your thoughts on Sixto or Jazz as part of a trade? 

I would rather have Lopez and Meyer than Sixto.  Coming off an injury is worrisome to me.

Jazz?  Maybe but I think they want to keep him.  Their depth is in young arms and it appears that’s what they will trade out of.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

CF supply and demand wise, the Rays are there with Kiermaier and Margot alongside Buxton and Laureano for buyers to comparison shop.   

Some guesses of asks from the other clubs in Heyman's tweet, where Miami was notably absent:

PHI - Abel and Bohm

TEX - Leiter or Jung

HOU - Leon and Pena for two up the middle positions, Whitley wildcard?

SFG - have to name recognize Luis Matos, their youngest Top 5 prospect in MLB's list today.   Their SS Luciano entered 2021 at near-Jasson hype levels and didn't have an overwhelming year; Harrison got $1M more than Baumler as a high school Class of 2020 left-hander and if Baumler had had the year Harrison just did, it might have made Coby Mayo "the other one".

NYY - Jasson and Gleyber

I suppose Hays would benefit from a clear CF runway to gild his own lily until July if everyone before Mountcastle is kaput, or if we should watch Castellanos' free agency like Starling's in case everyone before Adley is kaput.

A package from the Phils that starts with Stott and Painter/Crouse looks great to me. MLB has Stott near the bottom of the top 100. If you could get Jung and Winn from Texas as a starter that would be hard to beat.

Just now, Philip said:

Why are you so sure the brothers want to sell the team?

Well, I’m not sure they do…but based off of info I know and just reading the tea leaves, I think they want to sell but since the inheritance tax, the biggest BS tax of them all, exists in Maryland, they have to wait.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, I’m not sure they do…but based off of info I know and just reading the tea leaves, I think they want to sell but since the inheritance tax, the biggest BS tax of them all, exists in Maryland, they have to wait.

I realize cost is a factor, but wouldn’t a clearly improving franchise bring more money?

I would think that a new owner would not want a team in stasis, but one clearly transitioning towards a winning product.

It seems logical that winning an extra 25 games this season, with multiple reasonably high-possibility Prospects making their debuts sometime this season, and one final year of first draft pick every round would be Far more desirable to a prospective owner then yet another 50-win season.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I realize cost is a factor, but wouldn’t a clearly improving franchise bring more money?

I would think that a new owner would not want a team in stasis, but one clearly transitioning towards a winning product.

It seems logical that winning an extra 25 games this season, with multiple reasonably high-possibility Prospects making their debuts sometime this season, and one final year of first draft pick every round would be Far more desirable to a prospective owner then yet another 50-win season.

I don’t think that matters to be honest.  The team is worth what it’s worth. An extra 25 wins isn’t going to change things.  The franchise will likely sell for something in the 1.5-2B area.

The bottom line is the organization is, in a lot of ways, very healthy.  Not much money on the books, lots of young talent that won’t cost anything, etc…