MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Punish both sides?

If one side is being unreasonable (and it looks to me that one side is) why do you want to punish the other side? 

When a national institution with an antitrust exemption can't come to some sort of agreement to put a product on the field because millionaires are quibbling with billionaires, while people who actually work for a living have to fight to get a $15 an hour minimum wage, yes, I feel both sides should be punished.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Big Al said:

When a national institution with an antitrust exemption can't come to some sort of agreement to put a product on the field because millionaires are quibbling with billionaires, while people who actually work for a living have to fight to get a $15 an hour minimum wage, yes, I feel both sides should be punished.  

So the players should just accept whatever offer the owners give them?

That's what your advocating for?

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Except most of the players aren't millionaires. The average career length is only 5.6 years, which under baseball's current system doesn't even get you to free agency. And the minimum salary in baseball is the lowest of any of the professional leagues (it's still a good salary, but it's not going to make you a millionaire, and your peak earning years are very few). And yet, you seem to want the players to capitulate to billionaire owners because the minimum wage overall in this country is to low.