• I'd give it an A - excellent return under the circumstances
    • I'd give it a B - good return but I'd hoped for a little more
    • I'd give it a C - acceptable return and we shed a liability
    • I'd give it a D - should have gotten more
    • I'd give it an F - shouldn't have done this deal at all

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gee, who will be the 2009 OHer's Kick Around player? This guy has caught the worse pitching staffs in baseball over the last three years. More BB's on balls, pitchers that have (had) no business being up here. He just got worn out and played like it.

Oh, my vote for kicked around leader for 2009...Huff, everyone will expect a repeat, and I think he will be respectable, but unlikely to duplicate last year's numbers and he will catch it here.

He got paid to catch. It would have been nice if he tried to block the plate once in awhile. And don't get me started on how he'd lolllygag for a WP/PB, or how he'd lollygag a grounder. Worn out or not, he just loafed.

Gee, who will be the 2009 OHer's Kick Around player? This guy has caught the worse pitching staffs in baseball over the last three years. More BB's on balls, pitchers that have (had) no business being up here. He just got worn out and played like it.

Oh, my vote for kicked around leader for 2009...Huff, everyone will expect a repeat, and I think he will be respectable, but unlikely to duplicate last year's numbers and he will catch it here.

Freel, of course.

Love it.

No more Hernandez and his lack of hustle attitude, noodle arm, boneheaded plays and declining bat.

We pick up a quality utility man who can actually hit a little, a potential 2B with some pop, speed, average and a great OBP, as well as a fella who strikes out a lot, but can crush the ball pretty well.

Colour me impressed.

I would've said it was a B - a good return - but I don't know if I could've hoped for more. We got a usable major leaguer in Freel and someone with the potential to be a future piece of our club in Turner, all while getting a little cheaper - about $3 million?

Archived