Adley shut down for 2-3 weeks

Sports Guy

So with the new rules granting draft picks for players on opening day rosters, if the injury delays Adley, would he still potentially be able to get the 2 weeks service time for the extra year of control AND be eligible for the draft pics awards if he was on the DL to start the season for example? Not sure how that works.

46 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

So with the new rules granting draft picks for players on opening day rosters, if the injury delays Adley, would he still potentially be able to get the 2 weeks service time for the extra year of control AND be eligible for the draft pics awards if he was on the DL to start the season for example? Not sure how that works.

I believe they would have to add him to the 40-man then DL him, which is not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I believe they would have to add him to the 40-man then DL him, which is not going to happen.

Not unless they worked out an extension, which frankly already should have happened.  That makes this all moot.

In fact that is the way to game the new system as it takes out the calculation of whether you take the risk of a lost year of control to get a draft pick.

48 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

I would guess we would have to put him on the major league (26 man) roster and then put him on the Major League IL for the draft pick, and that would make it impossible to get the extra year of control because being on the major league IL is the same as being on the team.

Is he already too old to be considered a prospect?

Jeez going on 25 and not in the majors

Bobby Witt Jr, and my guy CJ Abrams will have 3-4 years in the majors before they turn 25

Never draft a college hitter, and never ever draft a catcher with a 1-1. Just say no.

He quite possibly is already past his prime, Manny Machado had his best season when he was 22.

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Bobby Witt Jr, and my guy CJ Abrams will have 3-4 years in the majors before they turn 25

Never draft a college hitter, and never ever draft a catcher with a 1-1. Just say no.

He quite possibly is already past his prime, Manny Machado had his best season when he was 22.

I mean, you might as well just release him now.

13 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Hey I hope he still ends up a good starting catcher for 5+ years, but the high impact, MVP type player that you should be seeking with a 1-1 he is not. 

Gee, what a failure Adley is.  He hasn't even made his major league debut and has already failed.  I wonder if it is too late to trade him for real prospects.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Adley is 39 days into being 24 years old. He missed one year due to COVID. The entire planet with exception of Keith Law considers him the best prospect in baseball, so that alone means you are wrong about drafting him 1-1. To say he is past his prime immediately outs you as someone not deserving of attention on this message board.

Just now, interloper said:

Adley is 39 days into being 24 years old. He missed one year due to COVID. The entire planet with exception of Keith Law considers him the best prospect in baseball, so that alone means you are wrong about drafting him 1-1. To say he is past his prime immediately outs you as someone not deserving of attention on this message board.

I don’t know why people respond to that guy. He’s just seeking attention. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I know the Rays are sure happy they passed on Posey at 1-1 and took Beckham instead.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1