Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yes.  If there were any worries about his health Elias wouldn't be playing him, I think we can be pretty sure of that.

It's time.  Dude is 24 years old.  We have a huge gaping hole at the C position.  Get him up here already.

It’s unbelievable how bad they ate screwing this up.

20 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yes.  If there were any worries about his health Elias wouldn't be playing him, I think we can be pretty sure of that.

It's time.  Dude is 24 years old.  We have a huge gaping hole at the C position.  Get him up here already.

Well, maybe health isn't the right term. But perhaps rust? I agree they wouldn't be playing him if there was real concern about the arm, but he's got to be making them wonder about it. It's tough to tell with the small sample and not knowing who's running and if the pitcher is being extra slow to the plate. 

Don't get me wrong: I hope they call him up today also. I just worry a lot, and Adley hasn't done much to ease my worries. Hopefully it's all much ado about nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Do any of you buy into the theory that the Os are still trying to make sure he is healthy before calling him up?  That’s the theory being posed to me on Twitter.

I don’t buy into that.  He’s been playing every game for three weeks.   

• Upvote 1

I don't think they are keeping down for health related reasons.  If he isn't promoted today then I think the main reason is that they want to see him producing at a better level in AAA before bringing him up.    (FYI Sports Guy, I know what your opinion is of this decision.  You have clarified it a couple of times.......today.)

I will say that I will be pretty disappointed if they don't bring him up for the homestand starting May 31.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m being told that I’m crazy for not thinking they are just making sure he’s healthy and doing the best for him.

I think that either (1) they just want him performing a little closer to peak before he’s called up, or (2) they are gaming his service time.   It also could be a combination of both — i.e. he’s not forcing their hand with his play, so may as well improve the odds that he won’t be a Super Two.   I wish he’d had a great week last week and then it would be a little more clear, if they didn’t bring him up.   

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Well given that tweet above is from MASN, it certainly seems likely that it will be this week.

They wouldn't wait until the play the Rays just to try to boost ticket sales, would they?  Tell me they wouldn't please.

So they really hold off Adley just so he catch GRod one more time?  They are off today.  Just bring him up.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Absolutely ****ing not.  It's all about that extra year of control.

If they bring him up this homestand, then it’s not about the extra year of control.

I wonder if they’re waiting for a weekend to try to juice ticket sales 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

If they bring him up this homestand, then it’s not about the extra year of control.

I wonder if they’re waiting for a weekend to try to juice ticket sales 

Yeah, I was wondering if they already expect a decent crowd with the Yankees in town, will they wait for the Rays which aren't a draw to try to boost tickets?  Which would be incredibly short-sighted and dumb, so I'm hoping that's not it.