Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don't doubt that he has suggested locking players up long term.  I question whether he singled out Henderson as THAT player.  Did he suggest we lock up Mayo?  Tony had Mayo ranked ahead of Henderson at the end of last year.

This idea that he alone mentioned we should lock up Henderson and no one else was on board with it is a bit much to digest.

Well stop questioning it.  Not sure why you feel it’s your life’s mission to do stuff like this.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Well stop questioning it.  Not sure why you feel it’s your life’s mission to do stuff like this.

Why do you feel it's your life's mission to be the most obnoxious poster in OH history?  Still a shame that Tony took you back.   I guess you beg really well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Why do you feel it's your life's mission to be the most obnoxious poster in OH history?  Still a shame that Tony took you back.   I guess you beg really well.

lol..Tony told me several years ago I could come back.

And seeing as he only suspended you for one day recently, I would say it’s a shame he let you back.

And yea, I’m the obnoxious one arguing with another poster saying he didn’t say something that everyone knows he did and then spending however much time parsing through a 36 page thread just to potentially issue some kind of an I told you so.  You are a real winner.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And seeing as he only suspended you for one day recently, I would say it’s a shame he let you back.

And yea, I’m the obnoxious one arguing with another poster saying he didn’t say something that everyone knows he did and then spending however much time parsing through a 36 page thread just to potentially issue some kind of an I told you so.  You are a real winner.  

Actually I reacted to an "I told you so" post from Corn.  You feel the need to jump in as usual.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow.

You actually spent that much time on it?

I have no idea where I said it.  Threads get derailed all of the time and I am often to blame.

I’m not 100% sure but it may have been a thread about Adley. I remember it because it’s when you said they should call him up now and play him.  

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Definitely some savings in that deal.  It look like he is making 25M for his arb years.

First FA year is 22M and the rest are 25M.  If he’s an elite talent, that’s cheap.  If he’s Jurickson Profar, it’s a horrible contract.

Would Gunnar sign that deal?  I tend to doubt it.  I think signing an 8-9 year deal makes more sense.

Something like you pay him roughly $40M for the first 6 years and then sign him for 22-28M a year for 2-3 years of FA.  

I would probably offer him and Adley identical 8/120 type deals.  Adley will have one more year of service time on his deal (ie one more year of FA)…but something in that area for each.

Still makes Henderson a FA around 29/30 years old.  I think that’s an easier sell to Boras than a 10-15 year deal would be.

So jurickson profar is still elite talent, he has just been injured so much.  Hes showing his talent level now that he is healthy.  Minor distinction but it does highlight what can go wrong with long pre-arb contracts, even to elite talent.

An 8 year deal to buy out 2 years of FA?  He might go with that.  I think we would have to go a fair bit over 120 for both.  Probably around 130-140.  I stepped away from using Posey as a comp, but at least for Henderson you're going to have to pay a Boras tax.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Start with this post.  Or you can look a little before and after.  Not sure if this was the first time, but it was one time. 

Lol, this was my sole contribution to that thread. 

On 9/1/2021 at 5:58 PM, Aristotelian said:

Is it me or is there way more pointless arguing on the board lately? I was wondering how an innocuous post on our A club offense would have five pages. I am not pointing fingers because I have been guilty as much as anyone. 

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Is there a badge for that?  If not Tony should add a "vacation" badge.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...