Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

Went 0-for-3 with 3 walks last night as the Baysox were piling up the 20 runs.

Are we sure he and Colton Cowser haven't switched bodies?   258/419/323 is like Quilvio Veras stuff.

Last spring he was hitting all the opposite field homeruns in the world; this spring he's watching pitches, so far has the K rate down about 10 percent and about an even K/BB ratio in first real taste of AA.

I think its Ron Shandler who has the adage "If a player displays a skill, he owns it".    

An unexpected start to the shape of Henderson's season, but not unpleasant.    Looking forward to seeing if he can put the peanut butter and jelly together as the weather warms up.

I never heard (haven't watched) of such a dominant pitchin performance ever before at least for 4 or 5 innings.   Espino struck out the first 11 batters which made Henderson's homerun all that more impressive with 2 outs in the 4th.    15 outs.  14 via the strikeout for Espino and the Baysox managed 2 runs off him.   

And he's pulled both homeruns and they both looked like no doubters.   He's now passed Westburg in OPS.   Friendly competition!

Feel as if Gunnar gets overlooked a bit on this board. He’s currently 15th in the eastern league in OPS at 20,  nearly everyone above him is already 22+ (Alvarez is the notable exception). But there doesn’t seem to be a lot of hype around him here, even compared to Westburg 🤷‍♀️

Edited by seak05

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Feel as if Gunnar gets overlooked a bit on this board. He’s currently 15th in the eastern league in OPS at 20,  nearly everyone above him is already 22+ (Alvarez is the notable exception). But there doesn’t seem to be a lot of hype around him here, even compared to Westburg 🤷‍♀️

I don’t agree at all.   He gets plenty of attention.   Until two days ago, his ISO was .081, his SLG was .351, and he just hadn’t done much to catch anyone’s attention, whereas Westburg was OPSing over 1.000.   But it’s early season, and things can look drastically different two days later.   Two homers and now his OPS is over .900 and he’s passed Westburg.  

I was glad to see both homers pulled to RF, showing he’s not just an oppo field guy.   

• Upvote 1