Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I figured that would be the reason but really?  Just seems kind of weak to me but I guess it’s a proven method.  Just seems like, to me, that they just need at bats and get timing back.  

Anyway, not a real big deal but just figured he would be getting the at bats and getting his feet wet in Florida and then put him in Norfolk.

At least he's playing at night under the lights for a bit.

25 minutes ago, seak05 said:

For what it's worth, Roch said he was told boxscores would help dictate how fast he (Adley) moved

Well that’s stupid.  So if he goes 0-10 But is robbed of 2 homers and 3 other hard hits, he has to stay down longer?  

Measuring something like this on the actual stats, which are all going to be in a SSS, makes no sense. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They sending him freight class?

Unreserved/ No class

This is the cheapest class. Seats are not reserved or designated. Most of the 2S carriages don’t have glazing but a few bars to prevent passengers turning in and out of the window. The unreserved/general class is always overcrowded, noisy and smelly. Passengers without seats usually sit or lie on the floor. It gets very stuffy and uncomfortable because there is no air-conditioning. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well that’s stupid.  So if he goes 0-10 But is robbed of 2 homers and 3 other hard hits, he has to stay down longer?  

Measuring something like this on the actual stats, which are all going to be in a SSS, makes no sense. 

I think we're interpreting this differently. I took it to mean they didn't have a set plan, where he had to stay for a week in Aberdeen. I suspect if he strikes out 4x,  then they'd figure he didn't have his timing back yet...but if he's making good swing decisions and squaring up balls, then his timing is coming back

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I think we're interpreting this differently. I took it to mean they didn't have a set plan, where he had to stay for a week in Aberdeen. I suspect if he strikes out 4x,  then they'd figure he didn't have his timing back yet...but if he's making good swing decisions and squaring up balls, then his timing is coming back

But why?

Do they actually think that it would in some way help his career if he's doing well at Aberdeen as part of his rehab?  Just get the work in.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I have never understood the idea of sending guys who have never been to the minors on a rehab assignment to a lower level, especially someone  who is about to be in the majors.

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

Is everyone confident he gets recalled that quickly. I am skeptical but could be wrong. If he struggles offensively, will they still recall him?