Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Adley not in the lineup tonight.DH late night.

This is getting ridiculous.  None of it has smelled right from the start. 

EDIT:  Unless he's already being moved up a level.  Then I withdraw these above comments. 

• Thanks 1

Half a game at catcher, full game at DH, of course he needs an OFF day.

We've all watched this Oriole show where a player has an injury than lingers until they finally announce that it IS serious.

At this rate he'll make it to the majors sometime in his age 25 season.

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

This is getting ridiculous.  None of it has smelled right from the start. 

EDIT:  Unless he's already being moved up a level.  Then I withdraw these above comments. 

I haven't seen any information on why Rutschman is sitting out tonight and hopefully it's nothing more than organization being too cautious again. 

3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Half a game at catcher, full game at DH, of course he needs an OFF day.

We've all watched this Oriole show where a player has an injury than lingers until they finally announce that it IS serious.

At this rate he'll make it to the majors sometime in his age 25 season.

Actually he did not DH the whole game. He was pinch hit for in his last at bat. But the gane was a blowout by then.

Acuna had all of 19 at bats in his rehab assignment from a TORN ACL before the Braves activated him.

Say what you want about different team, different situation, different player or whatever, but the fact that the Os FO is treating Adley with kid gloves for essentially a muscle strain, is beyond ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully they are already moving him up but something from the media would sure be nice.

Melewski being out of commission doesn't help, he is usually on top of minor league news and info.

• Upvote 2

I’m hoping it’s just poor planning and the desire to have him catch Hall in his first game back that caused him to sit last night. Of course, there’s no reason he can’t DH or play 1B last night, even if they’re being very cautious with him. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I was hoping you all would talk me off the ledge on Adley Rutschman. If he doesn't play tonight then I don't see how it's not a major red flag.

And will one beat reporter start demanding answers from the warehouse on what is up with Rutschman's injury if he doesn't play baseball tonight? 

The one guy that covers the minors is ill.

You can't expect the folks on the MLB beat to worry about guys not good enough to make the majors.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The one guy that covers the minors is ill.

You can't expect the folks on the MLB beat to worry about guys not good enough to make the majors.

Yeah, it's not like he's the number one prospect in baseball or anything. We should just be happy if Rutschman gets a September call up at this point.