2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

We're kind of to the weeks now where for a few weeks I'm starting to care less about day game after a night game for the starting catcher.

Particularly here with a scheduled off day Monday.

Adley had 24+ years of his life, and an oncoming offseason for load management.   

18 hours ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Stowers, Baby! 🙂

That 4-K game doesn't seem to have fazed him. Aside from the homer, two singles , and a walk, he has only struck out twice in 10 plate appearances since.

Edited by LA2

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

We're kind of to the weeks now where for a few weeks I'm starting to care less about day game after a night game for the starting catcher.

Particularly here with a scheduled off day Monday.

Adley had 24+ years of his life, and an oncoming offseason for load management.   

Agreed. Adley gave Bradish the freedom to throw diving pitches last night without worrying too much about them bouncing to the backstop.

Notable items from today’s lineup Mullins at DH, McKenna in CF and no Stowers. If Mullins is a little banged up, I’d rather play Stowers and let Mullins rest.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/orioles-and-astros-lineups-and-notes

For the Orioles 
Cedric Mullins DH
Adley Rutschman C
Anthony Santander LF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Austin Hays RF
Ramón Urías 3B
Ryan McKenna CF
Rougned Odor 2B
Jorge Mateo SS

Dean Kremer RHP

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Notable items from today’s lineup Mullins at DH, McKenna in CF and no Stowers. If Mullins is a little banged up, I’d rather play Stowers and let Mullins rest.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/orioles-and-astros-lineups-and-notes

For the Orioles 
Cedric Mullins DH
Adley Rutschman C
Anthony Santander LF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Austin Hays RF
Ramón Urías 3B
Ryan McKenna CF
Rougned Odor 2B
Jorge Mateo SS

Dean Kremer RHP

McKenna in the lineup over Stowers because right-handed hitters are doing significantly better vs. RHP Urquidy (reverse split): .275/.318/.487 vs. .205/.251/.343. If it doesn't help Mountcastle and Hays and they don't show signs of reviving over the next few games, I wonder if we should start thinking about lifting Mateo and Urias in the lineup. E.g., Mullins / Rutschman / Mateo / Santander / Urias as the first five, to get them a few more at-bats over the following crucial weeks.