The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It hasn't!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Is that enough smileys????

I see you used 10 smilies which I can tell means a 10 year deal. 5 exclamation points means opt-out after 5th year. 4 question marks tell me that the final two years are mutual options.

Thanks, Belkast.

I know. Sometimes, I have a hard time tempering my excitement level. I said it based on what I was hearing. I shouldn't have. I did and I'll take whatever comes my way if we don't sign Tex. Thankfully, I don't think I'll have to worry about it. But your right!!!! Wow that wasn't so hard to say!:D

You are a better man it seems... most don't say that without some benefit in mind.

Well somebody posted he's a living legend...

9/216 does sound like an offer we could make, and the opt-out seems to be around the right amount of years...

I knew you'd like that :)

The contract does sound like something that we might offer, its bigger than the 9/$180M - 10/$200M offer that Sonny said was a bit low. Its got an opt out that sounds like MacPhail maybe negotiated for a later one from the 3-year one Boras would want.

I don't really put a lot of faith into the report, but the guy at least came up with something that seems realistic contract-wise. Guess we'll just have to wait to see if he's yanking everybody's chain or if the slim chance that he's actually telling the truth comes through.

I am not going to put too much credit into this guy because of the sheer fact we haven't been around him, but 9/216 sure sounds like a WOW offer WE would make. There is no harm in believing, and those numbers, along with this BS opt out clause, would be a number that could get it done. We will have to wait to see if anyone from our side confirms or if anyone shoots theirs down.

I read a couple of the posts on that site and one guy says "redsoxexpert is a living legend is 100% accurate" 9/216 is a done deal? I'm guessing he is talking about us making that deal! I hope it is!

You know, not that long ago I was of the opinion that if we got Tex, great, but if not, we'll put that money towards other needs. I certainly wanted him to play for the Orioles, but I wasn't going to cry if it didn't work out.

Now I have butterflies in my stomach every time I come back here to check the status of things. I guess the excitement and anticipation is contagious! :)

Just being a lurker here, but used to post all of the time on ESPN many years ago, I wouldn't take the information serious. The person posting about the offer has 15 posts and the one calling him a legend has 2 posts.

By the way, great stuff everyone, it sure makes the day go by faster.

Archived