The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

This whole process has created a whirlwind of emotions. One minute I'm optimistic, the next I'm pessimistic. I don't know what to think!

I'm actually in a good boat. I'll be happy if they sign him, because he fills a need, and he's a heck of a player. I'll also be happy if they don't, because the money being speculated on is beyond ridiculous, IMO.

I guess I have the ESPN of feelings (can't be wrong). :laughlol:

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has there been any word on the Ponson vs Angelos hearing? Could this be slowing down our interaction with the Teixeira negotiations? Is Angelos available during the hearing to make responses to MacPhail?

Oooh, I know. Pete already has that money earmarked for Ponson, but if the O's win he'll give it to Tex...so we're waiting on that to see if we should up our offer! :P:laughlol:

This whole process has created a whirlwind of emotions. One minute I'm optimistic, the next I'm pessimistic. I don't know what to think!

Me too.

Then I suddenly realized that this isn't my first ever Hot Stove. That is what this part of the off-season is, the off again on again rumor mill IS what it is every year for any team involved. Getting caught up in it, I also forgot ESPN has put Furcal on three different teams already as a near "done" deal. I have forgotten how many times this happens every Hot Stove season.

It is just a little crazier, because I think Tex would be good for us, and if we are this close, it makes us all a bit bonkers.

-Don

+100

I'm sick of Mark Teixeira already. It just feels good to type someone else's name.

Try typing Jason Kubel once and see how good it feels.

Just think, if the O's sign him, we'll be able to look forward to 6 years from now when we're all complaining about his albatross contract. :laughlol:

Archived