The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

How is that a stretch? Its exactly what Olney reported! He just didn't leave open the caveat that they might increase the offer.

MacPhail just confirmed Olney's report that they haven't upper their initial offer. Everybody who was bashing him earlier definitely has to eat some crow.

One major difference is that Olney declared us out. MacPhail has said, no we're not. It may only be a matter of interpretation, but it is a big difference. Olney says Tex only comes here if he's willing to take a discount. MacPhail says we can still increase our offer if we feel the need to. Again, a major difference in how you interpret the situation. MacPhail has no real reason to continue a charade if he doesn't really believe we have a chance.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it kind of funny how if everyone thinks that we really are dropping out of the Tex race why is it that ESPN is the ONLY one reporting it (I know that AM already answered the question in the Sun article, I was trying to post this earlier). If we were dropping out wouldn't you think that it would be all over the news and not JUST on ESPN?

Anyone know if a contract of this magnitude would be signed in person (instead of signed and faxed)? Cuz there hasn't been anything or anyone unusual going in or coming out of the O's offices today, from what I've seen.

I bet they sign originals at the physical. Up to that point, I imagine the intial agreement would be a faxed thing.

Anyone know if a contract of this magnitude would be signed in person (instead of signed and faxed)? Cuz there hasn't been anything or anyone unusual going in or coming out of the O's offices today, from what I've seen.

I would guess from past stories, a lot of this kind of stuff is just faxed back and forth.

Has anyone proposed the idea that the "flexibility" that keeps getting mentioned might be referring to some option years at the end, and/or a no-trade clause and/or an opt out clause included in the O's offer to Teixeira? Maybe that's how the Orioles are trying to make their offer more attractive to Tex, even if it has less guaranteed money than some others, since most sources are saying that we've offered less money.

The Sun article certainly didn't make it sound like we've upped our offer or that anything is imminent. That's the only thing that doesn't jive with what we've heard around here.

I know what I heard and I also know why they wouldn't put it out in the paper.

Archived